Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Addresses disappears on print

Microsoft Word - Addresses disappears on print


Addresses disappears on print

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 01:02 PM PST

I have a doc that seems to mail merge corectlty until I say to print. Then the address lines in the doc disappear and do not print

After installing Word 2003 on new computer, lost ability to see multiple files in one instance

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 12:43 PM PST

I had Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2003 on my old computer.  I got a new computer and installed Office 2003 on it with Windows 7 HP.

Excel works fine but Word does not have the option to open multiple files and see them within the same instance/window.  I am missing the following icons:

How can I get them back?

Thank you.

Add-On for Microsoft Word 2010

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 12:38 PM PST

Hey I have Office 2010 on my PC, is there a add-on that i can make a .pages file in word? I am writing documents for some friends bet some of them have a mac that doesn't have office on it. Any ideas.:)

PC info is; Windows 7

Transferring Word 2003 templates, with their macros

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 09:20 AM PST

Word 2003:  I have a number of templates with macros stored in the /Templates folder.  they represent years of development.

Word 2010:  I want to use these templates as Personal Templates in Word 2010, accessed by pressing the orange "My Templates" button.

Questions:  

(1)  Where does Word 2010 store its personal templates?

(2)  If I open my old templates and save to this folder as *.dotm, will that work, and will the macros still work?

2010 Word not opening downloaded word files on Windows 8.1

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 08:08 AM PST

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on my problem, I'm out of ideas after extensive googling- no one seems to have a similar issue!

I have Windows 8.1

I installed Microsoft Office Professional 2010

I can make a word document, save it and then open it again.

I recent got emailed a word file, I went to open with Word 2010. The loading screen comes up.. 10 minutes later its still there..

I logged into another computer and opened the files easily- so I have concluded the files aren't corrupt or anything

I have tried a number of ways to open it differently in word, none have worked (by not worked I mean the loading screen comes up for word 2010 but doesn't actually open)

  • Save it to downloads folder and then open it
  • Save it to my documents then open it
  • Download it as a .zip file extract it, then open it
  • Start up word, and open the document from the File> Open Document... route.
  • Noticed they were .docx, so on another computer save them as .doc emailed them back to myself.. still didn't open
  • I have used the Office Fix it tool thing, that didn't work either

Next I was going to uninstall/reinstall, but I cant do that until I get back home this weekend..

I'm out of ideas now!

Any clues?

Thanks! :)

Margins are too large

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 07:11 AM PST

Split from this thread.

Out of nowhere, WORD will decide to dramatically increase the page margins. All of the page margins look correct (and seem to print correctly), but they are wildly problematic on the screen view (almost 20" wide). I've had this happen to me twice now. When it happens, it effects all documents currently opened. So it's not like it just changes one document, it will change any documents that are opened. The only fix I've found thus far is to close WORD, reopen it (to get a document based on the normal template), then open the problematic files, and copy and paste the material into the new file, and then "save as" over the former file. The first time this happened I figured it was a fluke, now that I've had this happen to me twice, I'm thinking something worse is going on here. 

Here's a pic of what it looks like on my screen when this happens. I purposefully opened the Page Setup in this screen capture along with the page layout view to show that everything appears perfectly normal. 

Jason

Office Word Mailing Envelopes Takes Too Long To Open

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 06:43 AM PST

Before I had Office 365, printing envelopes in Word was fast. Now it takes too long to open after I click Envelopes. It takes about 45 to 50 seconds to open every time. I'd like to find a way to fix it, since I use it everyday and it's too time consuming.

IF condition in mailmerge does not get rid of blank line in word 2013

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 05:12 AM PST

The following code should get rid of the line however does not:

{IF {MERGEFIELD ProdCode}<>"ANTY" "Paragrah" ""}

Please advise

office word glitches

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 01:44 AM PST

Help! when I email my word 2013 documents over to other people ( who may not have the same version of word as me) it compresses certain words together.

The document reads perfectly on the version on-screen that I send, but when they receive them, these random errors occur that omit spaces in certain sentences and join 2 words together for some reason. nothing comes up on any checks i do?

Issue Pasting Images in to MS Word

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 01:03 AM PST

Hi,

I am having trouble pasting images in to MS Word O365 Word..

Pasted pictures show sometimes when scrolling through the document, then disappear and reappear. 

In print preview the images sometimes show and sometimes don't - if i zoom in or out the images may show.

When i print, not all images are printing.

I have tried all of the below fixes and I am still having issues.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/invisiblegraphics.htm

Word 2010/2013
  • On the View tab of the Ribbon or on the status bar, choose Print Layout view. Wrapped graphics don't display in Draft view.

  • Go to Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Show document content (File | Options | Advanced: Show document content in Word 2010/2013) and make sure that "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is checked and that "Show picture placeholders" is not checked.

  • If some graphics are not printing (or not displaying in Print Preview), go to File | Options | Display: Printing options and make sure that "Print drawings created in Word" is checked.

  • On the Home tab of the Ribbon, locate the Paragraph group and click the dialog launcher arrow in the bottom right corner to open the Paragraph dialog; in that dialog, make sure that line spacing of the paragraph the picture is in is not set to an Exact value.

  • If the graphic was inserted using Page Layout | Page Background | Page Color | Fill Effects | Picture (Page Background is on the Design tab in Word 2013, it will not be displayed unless you check the box for "Show background colors and images in Print Layout view" at File | Options | Advanced: Show document content, and it it will not print unless you check the box for "Print background colors and images" at File | Options | Display: Printing options.

  • If the graphic is a "Watermark" inserted via Page Layout | Page Background in Word 2010 or Design | Page Background in Word 2013, it is a picture or WordArt object anchored to the page header and formatted as "Behind Text," so it will not be displayed unless you have "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" checked at File | Options | Advanced: Show document content, and it will not print unless you have "Print drawings created in Word" checked at File | Options | Display: Printing options.

barcode

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 12:50 AM PST

How can I create barcode in word 2013 ?  

Controlling the paragraph background colour in word

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 11:15 PM PST

Hi

I would like to use styles with background colours to make my headers.

Its easy to make a parapgraph background colour of course. But is it possible to adjust the size of the background? For example so that the background uses the entire width of the page?

In other words, in CSS terms, increase the padding of the paragraph.

I know I can do this with text boxes, but I don't know how to quickly change an entire document with headers to text boxes. Would be easy with styles.

5,000 DOC and 2,000 DOCX Files

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 06:57 PM PST

I have 5,000 DOC files and 2,000 DOCX file that were saved without the "Save Thumbnail" box checked.

Is there any way to open the 5,000 DOC files and save them as DOCX file with the "Save Thumbnail" box checked?

Likewise, is there any way to open the 2,000 DOCX files and save them with the "Save Thumbnail" box checked?

Thank you so very much!

File Handler software(Such as, Microsoft Office Client Virtulization Handler, File Download Handler)

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 04:58 PM PST

Hi,

Could anyone let me know what these software are?

Microsoft Office Client Virtualization Handler

With respect to Microsoft Office Client Virtualization Handler, when I open a docmunt file with it, then there is no file which is mounted to this MS drive below. Also, clicking on this Drive gave me this error.

Then this drive will be used for what???

File Download Handler::

Can I classify these programs ( Microsoft Office Client Virtulization Handler, File Download Handler) File Handler Software?

Are there others?

Unreliable draw commands in Word 2013

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 04:15 PM PST

I make extensive use of the Draw commands in Word for creating electrical and mechanical drawings, as well as other types of drawings.  I recently moved from Word 2003 to Word 2013, and I am shocked at what has happened to the Draw functions.   Objects disappear when you try to move them,  objects sometimes cannot be selected, objects distort when some commands are used, etc.  As I continue drawing, I keep finding more bugs.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
 

Extra Page at End of Each Word Document with Document Informatrion

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 03:47 PM PST

I may have caused this problem because I did attempt earlier to make changes to the normal.,dotm template. 

Anyway, whenever I print a Word document I get a summary which includes the following:

Filename,

Directory,

Template,

Title,

Subject,

Author,

Keywords,

Comments,

Creation Date,

Change Number,

Last Saved on,

Last Saved by,

Total Editing Time,

Last Printed on,

As of Last Complete Printing (Number of Pages, Number of Words, Number of Characters).

Before this happened. I was trying to edit the template to show the file paths, date, last saved date in the footer.  I was unsuccessful.