Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Office 2007 How do I sort by date modified and turn off grouping that displays "earlier this month", etc

Microsoft Word - Office 2007 How do I sort by date modified and turn off grouping that displays "earlier this month", etc


Office 2007 How do I sort by date modified and turn off grouping that displays "earlier this month", etc

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 09:31 AM PDT

I have spent 4 hours searching and experimenting with how to solve this and cannot find a solution anywhere.  In Office 2007 I simply want to display files in libraries "Arrange by" in order of date modified with details, but without the grouping headings that read "yesterday" earlier this month" or "earlier this week".  This is useless to me and takes up so much screen space.  In Office 2003 programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) this was simple.  I would just select "details" and "date modified" and it would show exactly what I wanted.   When I open Word, or Powerpoint and I click on open files, and it opens "Document Libraries" I want to see files listed in order of recent date modified but without the grouping headings.  Thank you to anyone who can help with this.

Track Changes function thinks I'm two people

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 09:00 AM PDT

I am a copyeditor, which means I use the track changes function all the time. Since I switched to Word 2013 I've had a problem with some documents whereby after I close the document and open it again, the track changes function treats me as a new user. The problem with this is that I often go over any given bit of text several times, potentially making new changes each time, and when the system treats me as a new user, any earlier additions that I later delete show up in the margin as deleted text (rather than simply disappearing).  This is confusing for my clients, who only want to see my final changes and not the history of my train of thought. Of course, I can resolve the problem by rejecting the change instead of deleting the added text, but (a) I don't always remember to do that, and (b) this is still awkward, especially where I rewrite a given bit of text several times, making new additions and deletions each time. Can anyone advise as to how I can alert the system that when I return to a document, it should treat previous tracked changes as still active? I know there must be a way to do this because the problem only arises with some documents. I suppose there is something about the settings in the original document as it is sent to me that affects this, but for the life of me I can't figure out what that is. Thanks to anyone who can help!

i have deleted word. how do i retrieve it. i went back to factory settings on newly bought laptop

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 08:47 AM PDT

i bought WORD on line and then went back to factory fittings on m laptop.  therefore i deleted word but now how do i retrieve it pls ?

Problem with styles

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 03:29 AM PDT

I have a problem to clear styles. I have follow the instructions: Select all the document and go to font in the ribbon and click the clear formatting key but nothing happens. I did not choose the style,  it just came because probably I click a style key.

Will appreciate any suggestions

   

Word 2010 issue with "replace"

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 02:16 AM PDT

Hello from Steved

Hopefully you can solve this situation for me.

The problem I'm having is with this .Text = "3yoX"

It replaces it with "Three Year Old AverageX" but I asking it to replace it with "Three Year Old Best"

It is in a single paragraph.

What is required please to correct this.

Sub Replace_Race_Type()

   Dim rngStory   As Range

     For Each rngStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges

      With rngStory.Find

      .Text = "3yoX"

        .Replacement.Text = "Three Year Old Best"

        .Wrap = wdFindContinue

        .MatchCase = True

      .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

      End With

        With rngStory.Find

      .Text = "3yo"

        .Replacement.Text = "Three Year Old Average"

        .Wrap = wdFindContinue

        .MatchCase = True

      .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

      End With

  Next rngStory

End Sub

Thank you

Multiple Alignments within a paragraph

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 12:32 AM PDT

I have a document where the last line of a paragraph is forced to justify (using shift+enter). The line after that I want to center but this isn't happening no more. Before I use to use the style separator to do this but I guess due to new layout formats from Microsoft that isn't possible. Is there any new or better way of doing this?

Thanks.

microsoft word saving documents with a~$

Posted: 25 Oct 2014 07:55 PM PDT

Sometimes when I go to save a document, I find that it has been saved with a ~$ replacing the first 2 letters of what i named the document. it then will not open the document when i try to, stating that there is a problem with the contents. But it saved fine when i did it, or seemed to anyway. Then when I click on the Details button of that error it says the file is corrupt and cannot open. Help! And thank you. 

Office 13 and Word won't run

Posted: 25 Oct 2014 06:21 PM PDT

I'm about ready to strangle this thing. No matter how many times i mess with settings, run the fixit tool, and look for answers, everything comes up short.

My problem is easy to explain. Nothing from office 2013 will start. I double click the icon, or select from start menu, and for a split second the program will show up in the task manager (i.e. "Winword.exe") then immediately close without doing anything.

I can't seem to find anyone else with this specific problem. is there a fix for it?

windows

Posted: 25 Oct 2014 03:28 PM PDT

anable to mopen file

Recent documents

Posted: 24 Oct 2014 05:21 PM PDT

I can go into Word Options and click on Display and in the "Show this number of recent documents" I can change the number to 0, but when I come back later it has reset itself back to 17. Why give the option to change it if it's going to default back to 17?

There are  other who use this computer and I don't want them seeing my recently opened documents!

Help!!!