Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Word 2013 crashing when Insersating caption

Microsoft Word - Word 2013 crashing when Insersating caption


Word 2013 crashing when Insersating caption

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 02:50 PM PDT

Hi I have word 2013 and when I insert caption for tabels, picture then the word crash.

it crashes even when a open a new document

the word 2013 version is 15.0.4623.1003

I know i can insert a textbox, but it the good old caption option is much faster than using text box

Does anybody knows how to fix this issue??

Dictionary Add In Will Not Start

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 02:41 PM PDT

I downloaded three dictionaries from MS store and neither work. When I click on a word and choose define, the box opens on the right side with an error msg [App error. This app could not be restarted. etc.] . Clicking the Restart box does nothing. I cannot find how to reload/refresh the dictionary or uninstall the dictionary. Would purchasing a dictionary work better than the free ones?

Thank

Why is there a "server version" of my documents?

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 02:20 PM PDT

I recently started a trial installation of Office 365 Home (on my single home PC) and it's beginning to seem like a really bad idea.

I have several times now (since installing Office 365, never before) had confusing pop-up warnings about my version of a document (in Word or Excel) and a "server version" of the same document. In some cases (too confusing to figure out) there's a message that my document is in use by, or has been saved (or whatever) by "another user" who turns out to be me. I am the only person who uses this computer, and it is the only computer on my home network.

The path for the most recent "server version" is

C:\Users\[…]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Office.ODCPAW

  1. Could this have something to do with OneDrive integration?
  2. How can I make it stop happening (i.e. so that I never again have this fuss about a "server version")?
  3. Will it solve the problem if uninstall Office 365 and revert to Office 2010 (which works seamlessly with OneDrive) or has Office 365 now changed my system permanently?
  4. Would Office Home and Student 2013 cause the same kind of problem?

All Text In A Document Replaced With Invisible Foreign Characters

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 01:15 PM PDT

I have a folder full of text stories in various Word 2003 and Rich Text formats. I opened up my largest and most important doc (600Kb RTF file) today and every single letter, space and punctuation has been replaced with Hidden characters. When I choose show/hide formatting, the page is filled with characters that look like a Y with an Umlaut. There are just as many pages as there were originally, it's just filled with Y's. The rest of my documents are fine, and I do not recall closing this document prematurely or my PC crashing while the doc was in use.

My last manual backup was a few months ago, and it's on a non windows drive with no automatic backups/restore points.  I've tried searching for auto recover files etc and even did a deep scan with Recuva, but all I've got is this one massive file full of nonsense (Picture below).

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give any suggestions to how to recover the information, or at very least an explanation as to how this could happen.

All documents open in [Read Only] and [Compatibility Mode] from Windows Explorer

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 11:22 AM PDT

I used to have no problem at all opening "Word 2007 Documents" in my Word 2010. However, all of a sudden whenever I open a word document, even one that I KNOW I created with my 2010 version of Word, every single document opens in Read Only and Compatibility Mode. I can't edit until I hit escape, go to File, and convert to Word 2010. But even then, I have to create a save-as copy to keep my changes! I don't want to do this, I want to save my changes to the original document just like I've always done. These files are on a shared drive and it just complicates things to have to create another version of the file. 

I discovered that if I open my files directly from word rather than from Windows Explorer, some of these problems are alleviated. However, what's strange is that of two documents that are BOTH listed as "Wood 2007 Documents" in Windows Explorer, one of them opens in compatibility mode but allows me to edit and save changes without any problem, while the other still opens completely normally, no compatibility or read-only mode, and I'm able to edit and save it with no issues. This is the experience I've always had with 2007-version documents, and it's the experience I want back, no matter how I open the file.

How can I fix this so I can open my documents from Word or from Explorer and not have to deal with compatibility mode or read-only issues?

Thanks for any assistance.

Images in Word 2007 Aren't Printing

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 10:16 AM PDT

All of the settings are as suggested here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/word-2007-wont-print-picturesgraphics/d4fb3f9e-850d-4837-9778-93778b1b840a . Images are visible in Print Preview, are all the same format (.jpeg), are not visible or printing in .pdf, will print on a fresh document, but are not printing from the original document. How can we get all of the images in our document to print?

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 09:37 AM PDT

how do I use my office I down loaded and keep trying to open it and I just keeps down loading

Unable to open Word

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 08:51 AM PDT

Word will not open.  I have Office 365 Academic.  I tried to repair Office and have gotten the error codes 30088-8 and 30145-4.

File version: 15.0.4619.1000
Product version: 15.0.4619.1000


I get this message box when I try to open Word:

Something went wrong.

We're sorry, but we are unable to start your program.

Please ensure it is not disabled by the system.

Go online for additional help

Error code: 30145-4

[Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Help with Indents and Lists

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 07:57 AM PDT

So I am currently working on consolidating a 150+ page word document into a different format and am having some trouble. The format is supposed to work like this

6 Title

6.1 Step 1

6.1.1 Details of step one

6.1.2 More details of step one

6.2 Step 2

However I am currently working with something like this

6 Title

6.1 Step 1

6.1.1 Details of step one

6.1.1 More details of step one

6.1 Step 2

While I have dealt with this before on a smaller scale (30 page document) and transfered everything to the template doc I would just rather not spend a week doing that if there are a series of 4-5 clicks that can solve this problem in a more effecient manner.

Hot keys for Building Blocks Organizer

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 07:54 AM PDT

I have Office 2007 which I am running in Windows 7.  The Building Blocks Organizer in Word has the I of Insert underlined which usually indicates that just pressing the I key will insert the chosen item from the Organizer.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working for me.  Does anyone know how to make those hot keys for the Organizer work?  I insert a lot of headers from the Organizer and it would make my job a heck of a lot easier if I could just press that I key to insert them after choosing them.

As an example of what I'm talking about I'll use the Find and Replace Commands.  In the Find and Replace window if you press R it replaces the highlighted word, if you press A it replaces all occurrences of the word, and if you press F it finds the next occurrence.  I want to be able to just press the I key in the Building Blocks Organizer and have it insert the selected item.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Microsoft Word 2013

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 07:47 AM PDT

Whenever I try openning microsoft word 2013 it comes up saying microsoft word was unable to open, at the top of the error window though it says microsoft word 15.0, what is that? I need my word for school and its holding me up from sending an application cause it wont let me pull up a letter of reference and cover letter to attach to my resume from my flash drive cause it was working just fine a few days ago, soooooo frustrated, need to fix this asap have an assignment that will be late and could lose out on a job Ive got an in for.

Delete a Text box

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 06:35 AM PDT

I need to remove Text boxes from a document without removing the text. I don't have access to kutool so need to be able to do this manually. Clicking on the corner of the box and pressing delete is not working 

Quick Style Bullets Changing Spontaneously

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 05:40 AM PDT

I created a new style set that includes quick styles for a couple of different kinds of bullets, in addition to a numbered multilevel list.  I am reformatting a number of documents that use a different style set, and after formatting several of these documents with my new style I found that some of the quick styles I was using were changing.  In particular, when I applied my style set to the document, I noticed that my bullets no longer matched the parameters that I had set, but had become numbered lists, or the bullet disappeared, or the indents changed.  Now, every time I apply the style set (even to a blank document), some of the quick styles change - and never in the same way.  I wonder if this has something to do with the original style sets of the documents I am formatting, and whether this somehow destabilized my style set, but otherwise I have no idea why this might be happening.  Anyone?

Word 2013 is unresponsive after 5 minutes of opening application or document, help please?

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 04:43 AM PDT

whenever I open word usually within a couple minutes it become unresponsive and I have to force close it.

I have reinstalled it, I don't have any addons installed including ABBYY fine reader, I have the most recent updates installed and when I check the system error log it does not give me a different description, I have also done a virus scan.

OneDrive doesn't update

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 03:55 AM PDT

Hello! I'm using Microsoft Word 365 for iPad on iPad 3 with iOS 7.1. The software itself is great but I've started having a problem with updating OneDrive folder tree in Word for iPad.

When I start Word for iPad it takes some time to connect and then shows OLD folder structure (seems to be cached). When I try to update it with swipe down, the loading flowers cicles for endless time, than appears the message about problems with connection. But in fact everithing is well. OneDrive app connects fast and lets me to open word files in Word :) But what's with the Word itself?

PS

OneNote works good. Also, when I edit recent files in Word, they sync with my PC without any problems... The only problem with updating OneDrive in Word.

Office 2013 Pro - Word, Search find no results

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 02:58 AM PDT

I recently installed a new Windows 8.1 PC and loaded MS Office Professional 2013

When I am in word and am searching for a document to work on I click 'file > open'

When I type in the file name (or part of the file name) - the search always comes back with no results found.

I may have partially answered my own question here - I was trying the same search through windows explorer (not from the charms menu) with the same results (i.e. no files found) 

I now believe this to be a general issue with Windows Explorer.

I am using classic shell (4.1.0) could this be the issue?

Using the charms menu search, I can find some files, but not the specific file I was looking for (which I know to exist as a word document)

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

thanks in advance

PM

All office programs keep saying they aren't responding

Posted: 26 Jun 2014 01:07 AM PDT

I have installed Office successfully and used word a few times. Now every time I try to open word it says program not responding and I have to close it down. The same is happening with excel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but its still doing the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix this please? Thanks

Tamil language keyboard ONLY not working in MSWord 2013

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 09:47 PM PDT

Though Tamil language keyboard is working on Other MS Office 2013 products it is not working within MS Word. I have re-installed the language pack and removed the keyboard and reinstalled the Tamil IME. Even then there is no luck in using Tamil Scripts within MS Word. Any assistance in solving this issue is most appreciated

Citation and Bibliography Styles

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 09:43 PM PDT

I am trying to use the citation feature on my Microsoft Word 2013. However, when I click the style button to choose my preference, no options are there. Additionally, I have looked in the program files and there are no bibliography styles that I can see. Is there an add-on that I can download that will have the default styles? I have seen downloads for extra files, but I can't even get these to show up after I downloaded and followed a youtube tutorial.

Documents open in read only.

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 08:00 PM PDT

I was using window 7 and saved all my documents from Office Home & student 2010 in an external Hard disk. When I open my saved documents in my new pc using window 8.1 and the same office Home & student 2010 all the documents open as read only.  Very troublesome when after some editing I cannot save them in the original file name. I have to save them in a new file name. Even that the new files still open as read only. What is my problem?

Word 2013 Won't Retain Style/Format When Converted To PDF

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 07:38 PM PDT

I've recently switched from Word 2007 to 2013 with the purchase of my Surface Pro 3. I write particular documents using a Style that I've created which includes a different margin (2.5" from the edge of the left page and 3" from the edge of the right page). The rest of the document is normal paragraphs from left to right margin. The font for the entire document is Courier New - there are no images, no graphs, etc. Just font.

When I Export or Save As a PDF, for some reason the Styled formatting does not retain in the PDF. It's as if Word 2013 allows for an extra character or two per line (I've noticed there's a difference between my 2007 and 2013 documents), but the PDF can't pick up on that. I know that sounds crazy, but that's what's happening. For example: if there is a Syle that includes 3 lines of text, in the PDF it will sometimes come out as 4 lines because a word(s) will be shifted down to the next line, Screws up an entire 110 page document.

Another thing I've noticed is that the margins on the bottom of the PDF sometimes appear to be larger. I am using a very basic document. I'm using 1" margins, 12pt Courier font, exact line spacing and everything is set to "keep lines together/keep with next" though I've tried it without those parameters as well to see if that at all contributed to the problem - it didn't. I've even tried opening the PDF in Word and that didn't help either.

I would really love if someone could help me figure this out as I've tried everything! All my settings are set to the same as what I used in 2007, I've tried with the 'Print to PDF' option, I've retyped 3-5 pages out again in blank documents, adding the Style after - nothing works. The PDF always comes out wrong. I've even tried my luck with the online chat with the Office team which was more frustrating than anything.

How to use Word switches for Excel percentages that are positive, negative and over 100%?

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 07:33 PM PDT

Aloha...

I have %'s in Excel that are negative, positive and over 100%, and the only switch in Word I found that shows me if a % is over 100 is =mergefield *100\#0.00% but that makes formatting to remove the preceding zero and decimal point to turn it into a whole number an extra step in Word. If I don't specify the decimal point, I get a long list of numbers after the decimal in Word.

In Word, it comes out as -0.17%, but I need it to look like -17% instead.  or if something is .69%, I need it to display 69%.

This is driving me nuts and taking lots of time. Please help?!

Thanks in advance!

Word 2013 can't display all pages

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 06:17 PM PDT

When I cut and pasted some pictures inside Word, suddenly the panel froze, however I could save it. After restarting, Word cannot display all the pages, it only shows first 14/29 pages. I know the rest are still there because when you view it on other modes, you can see them. It just doesn't display them in the normal view. I have tried copy all and paste to another document, open it in safe mode, reinstall Office, email it to other computer and open it in Word 2013, none of these works. The Word Online can show full document, but some pictures cannot display, although open it in offline, all of the pictures (in first 14 pages) can be shown.

You can see my document in here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzfbMzZB7mgyUDkyQ2x1RnllY28/edit?usp=sharing. It has lots of pictures, some equations. It is written in Vietnamese, but you can look at the format though.

Tabs and Indent Markers have disappeared

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 06:02 PM PDT

Hi there,

I can no longer see or access tab marks and indent markers in the ruler of MS Word. I don't know why this has happened, nor how to get them back. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Steve

Word Crashes When Imaged Moved In Unprotected Section

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 04:46 PM PDT

I have a protected Word document with some areas that are unprotected to allow users to enter free text, as well as insert photos.  The document is always protected other than the pre-defined selected sections.

I have a macro that allows the user to insert a photo and re-sizes it for them to a specified size automatically.  It works fine.  However, what I have noticed is that if you try to move the photo to a different location within the unprotected section word crashes.  I can replicate this within my document, and I replicated the problem by just creating a new blank document with two sections, one protected, and one unprotected.  You can insert an image just fine, but when you try to move it word crashes.  If you do this when the document is unprotected word does not crash.

This is a bit of a problem.  I have spent a lot of time designing this form and it works great except for this bug.  I am using Office 2013 but it also occurs in Office 2010.

Is this a known word issue?  Is there a work around that doesn't involve leaving the document unprotected.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Unable to open Microsoft Office Word and also my Windows shuts down with blue screen.

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 11:27 AM PDT

Original title: Microsoft Office Word.

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium. I am having two problems: first I keep getting a blue screen crash that shuts down everything and then reboots and second I just installed the one month free trial for office and used Word once and can't open it again. Any help would be appreciated.