Pages

Search

Microsoft Works - Lists of software changes which are made in each new Works version

Microsoft Works - Lists of software changes which are made in each new Works version


Lists of software changes which are made in each new Works version

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 04:32 PM PDT

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:02:32 -0700, aafuss
<com>, in message ID
<googlegroups.com>, in the
newsgroup microsoft.public.works.win wrote:
 

A wolf in sheep's clothing? :-)

HELP with making a flyer

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 12:22 AM PDT

hi, and thank you for your response.....I'm using Microsoft 2000.

"Michael Santovec" wrote:
 

usnig docs/dbs created in old versions

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 12:07 AM PDT

Ket wrote: 
Works 8 will open works 4.5 files as will Word 2003.

condensing 4 columns

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 09:22 PM PDT


Thanks Kevin,
worked like a charm.
I had been using edit/replace
Hope you/yours are keeping well.
Rodney



"Kevin James" <com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 
=CHOOSE(A1="",A1,"x")&CHOOSE(B1="",B1,"x")&CHOOSE( C1="",C1,"x")&CHOOSE(D1=""
,D1,"x") 


Works 8.5 spreadsheet pasting currency with comma problem

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 07:23 PM PDT

Hi Ivan,

Once you set the formula up, you may copy the column containing
the strung together value and PASTE over the top AS VALUES

Thereafter, delete the two unnecessary columns, though you would
require them for further imports into that spreadsheet, or use a fresh
sheet for import purposes only. Paste the VALUES from one sheet
to another.

You may also be able to edit the data before pasting. Remove the
commas and then paste.

HTH,
--
Kevin James




"IvanK" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
| Thanks for the tips, Kevin. Your first suggestion did not work. I am using
| Vista Ultimate. Don't know if that is the reason.
|
| But your second suggestion works, so I am using that, even though it seems
| pretty lame that I should have to add two extra columns just to be able to
| paste a number into the speadsheet.
| --
| IvanKout
|
|
| "Kevin James" wrote:
|
| > Hi Ivan,
| >
| > Works (and Windows) sees the comma (,) as the delimiter (list
separator)
| > for an imported series of numbers. Therefore the numbers preceding
the
| > comma are seen as being a different value to the number following the
| > comma
| >
| > You can change the delimiter in Windows Control Panel>Regional
Settings
| > (and change back again to your current value, if you wish).
| >
| > Alternatively, you could combine the values (say cells A1 and B1 )
into a
| > single value (say cell C1 ) using a formula such as =A1*1000 + B1
| >
| > HTH,
| > --
| > Kevin James
| >
| >
| >
| >
| >
| >
| > Go Control Panel,
| > "IvanK" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > news:com...
| > | When I try to paste a currency value containing a comma (that I copied
from
| > | another source) into a cell (formatted with a currency value) to replace
an
| > | existing currency value, it doesn't work correctly. It pastes the digits
| > | before the comma as a dollar amount with no cents into the target cell
and
| > | pastes the digits after the comma as dollars and cents in the cell to
the
| > | right of the target cell. For example, if I copied 1,234.56 and try to
paste
| > | it into a currency formatted cell I get $1.00 in the target cell and
$234.56
| > | in the cell to the right of it. How can I fix this?
| > | --
| > | IvanKout
| >
| >
| >


Does Microsoft Works Spreadsheet have the autocomplete function?

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:21 AM PDT

Hi Christa,

Unfortunately Works does not have an Autocomplete function,
similar to that of Excel.

However, perhaps a lookup table could be utilised ?

HTH,
--
Kevin James




"Christa Sobczak" <net> wrote in message
news:RRVci.1469$news.prodigy.net...
|I am working on a large document. Names of streets, occupations, names, etc.
| are repeated frequently. Does Microsoft Works Spreadsheet have the
autocomplete
| function, so that I only need to type in a couple of letters.
|
| Thank you for your help in letting me know how to set this up.
|
| Christa Sobczak
|
|


Problems accessing my personal template in Works 8.5 on Vista

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 05:17 AM PDT

Hi Marina,

In addition to everything Kevin said....

I have a template I use quite often so I put a shortcut to in on the
desktop.

This template fills out and signs my personal checks. To use it I tear out
a check from the checkbook, put it into the envelope slot of the printer,
double click the template icon on the desktop, fill in the necessary info,
click print.

To put your template on the desktop, navigate to the template, right click
it, in the popup dialog select Send To, on it's expanding menu choose
Desktop (create shortcut).

Ken

"Marina" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
| Hello!
|
| I have created an personal template in Works 8.5. Works stored the file in
| the folder C:\User\(User namne)\AppData\Roaming\Template. In this folder
| there are also a file called Normal.wpt. (So everything looks fine...)
|
| But now I don't know how to use my template? When I start works mu
Personal
| Templates doesn't appeare anywhere?
|
| I'm glad for all help!
| //Regards Marina

problems with opening word (.doc) in works

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 03:30 AM PDT

hello.
mogens hansen is my farther in law, and hes put me on the task of salvaging
his docs 8), it was actually me posting from his pc earlier.
first, thanks for the suggestions. before i posted i tried saving in all
sorts of different types and then tried to open the doc in works. obvious it
did not work.
as Michael suggests i think it some sort of corruption, next time im at the
inlaws ill try the zip trick. else he will just have to recreate the doc in
works i guess.. 8/


4.5a Fonts dropdown

Posted: 15 Jun 2007 02:24 PM PDT


"Candy" <net> wrote in message
news:FASdi.10683$roc.ny... 

I still run Works 4.5. The fonts are all there, you just have to scroll
using the bar on the right of the fonts. The names and the way they each
look show up fine for me. Running XP Pro and Works 4.5.

Melissa


MS Works 6.0 error message

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 06:08 PM PDT

I have always used ms6 and it works great for me. I usually don't have time
for a learning curve, especially when something already does the job. Thanks
for your response. Now if I can locate a CD

"gowriv" wrote:
 

works 8.5 features

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 09:49 AM PDT

I suspect that particular sale-person will not last too long
--
oldtone, trying not to be stupid


"kels" wrote:
 

Problem with arabic text?

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 03:31 PM PDT

Not so much a bug as a lack of a feature. Works, to my knowledge, has
never implemented support for right-to-left languages, such as Arabic.
Wordpad and Notepad get it right because they basically leverage the
system-provided controls (which understand RTL text). Works, as I
understand it, has a totally separate code base, which is where it gets
features that Wordpad and Notepad don't provide.

--DaveLovesTrains

<frw> wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 


e-mail from task launcher

Posted: 06 Jun 2007 04:34 AM PDT

Hi Pen, thanks for getting back to me. I have worked it out now, although I
have only got Windows Mail on this machine (Vista HP), it needed to be told
that Windows Mail was my default e-mail client. So I specified this and now
Works Task Launcher>Contacts>"click on envelope icon for a particular
contact>opens Windows Mail and a message already with addressee filled in.
If you are still having your "wierd" problem, this may help.
--
oldtone, trying not to be stupid


"Pen" wrote: