Pages

Search

Where is product key # from a 60 day trial offer - Microsoft Office forums

Where is product key # from a 60 day trial offer - Microsoft Office forums


Where is product key # from a 60 day trial offer

Posted: 25 Aug 2005 10:51 AM PDT

Since your Trial version seems to have expired follow the advice given by Timothy

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Pam" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com... 

How do I get to news from Outlook 2003 (Not outlook express) ???

Posted: 24 Aug 2005 02:41 PM PDT


"Michael Bednarek" <pbz.nh> wrote in message
news:com... 

I know what you mean, I hate OE as much as anyone (I like XNews myself). But
this is a company machine. They have no objection to reading newsgroups on
my own time, but I can't add any software to the machine. Supposedly we have
an auditing program on our network (Cisco Security Agent?) that monitors all
the machines for unauthorized software. Maybe so or maybe not, but I'm not
going to risk finding out.

- FM -


Access 97 with Office Student 03 on XP Pro SP2?

Posted: 24 Aug 2005 04:58 AM PDT

Thanks. Will post to Access.

DL wrote: 


Error MS Clip Organizer #0x80040155 Interface not registered

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 11:32 AM PDT

No, the error is:

Error MS Clip Organizer #0x80040155 Interface not registered


I register the component and same error
I update the mdac to 2.8 and same error i´m almost crazy now...

Jorge.

"Mary Sauer" <rr.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:phx.gbl... 


2003 admin install + sp1 = "not entered a valid product key"

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 08:21 PM PDT

That's kind of what I was thinking- that I had to rebuild the AIP. The reason for the .mst is for
customizing the rest of the install, I was just noting that the PID was contained in the .mst as
well so maybe that's why I have been able to deploy via GPO without issue even if the AIP was
missing the PID for some reason.

I'm sure I had to specify the PID when I built the AIP initially, however, but it's been quite a
while...

Linking A POP3 to server to ATT

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 08:08 PM PDT

Did you read the setup instructions at
http://www.wurd.com/cl_email_outlook-2003.php ?

In need of serious help wrote:
 

Wrong name listed for product license - Office 2003

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 07:03 PM PDT

Thank you "donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org"
That was way too easy!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
 

Disabling IRM feature

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 06:28 PM PDT

Thanks Timothy, this will do exactly what I want to achieve.

"Timothy L" wrote:
 

activation code for office 2000 professional

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 12:45 PM PDT

Also MS does not support Off2000 anymore. If you cannot find the key to install it then you would then need to either find someone on EBay or similar that is selling their Off 2000 or purchase Office XP or 2003

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"teen73" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com... 

Can I update from Office 2002 to 2003 for free?

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 11:22 AM PDT

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:22:05 -0700, Ineedhelp
<microsoft.com> wrote:
 

There are two ways to Office 2003:
1) Purchase an Office 2003 distribution either from Microsoft or a
third-party distributor.
2) Download it from a warez site or torrent somewhere, or get a copy
from a relative or neighbor. Both of these options will give you an
UNLICENSED copy. Installing such unlicensed copies is a crime in the
United States (don't know where you are from, so don't know their laws
on software piracy).

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
================================================== =====

Word 2000 Crashes On Windows XP

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 09:31 AM PDT

Hi Mike,

Just want to say Hi, and I was wondering how everything is going. If
anything is unclear, please let me know. It is my pleasure to be of
assistance.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dana Brash
Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
================================================== ===
Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.
================================================== ===
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


-------------------- 
ejlmlnpfppkfdeplhogpohabnahnpdjcokmfbnhbchfcigllag inofkckjmhhbpkchafghbcandj
clkaflabojckpljcefjegecajmajfkkfflkcjehljlpaojmfkf dbegcmjhhibopfakdb 
TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfee d00.sul.t-online.de!t-onli
ne.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews. com!feed4.newsreader.com!n
ewsreader.com!feed7.newsreader.com!newsreader.com! hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-
filter.lga!fe02.lga.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail 

installation code

Posted: 21 Aug 2005 07:25 PM PDT

Actually, you need the other 25 numbers. When you install Office
XP, you will be prompted to enter the 25-digit product key from
the yellow or orange label on the back of the Office XP CD case.
The 20-digit number you have is probably the product ID number
for your copy of Office, which you probably got by clicking on
Help | About Microsoft <application name>. The product key and
product ID are not the same thing. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 "How to obtain a new
product key for Office program setup".

kelgrot wrote:
 

my office 97 code key id won't work to reinstall

Posted: 21 Aug 2005 12:50 PM PDT

No, they don't. On the Office 97 CD case below the CD key, the
label says, "Don't Lose This Number! You must use it every time
you install this software. So be sure to store this case in a
safe place." I know this because I followed the instructions.
You could try the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 "How to obtain a new
product key for Office program setup", but Microsoft's lifecycle
support period for Office 97 has ended, so you probably won't be
able to get a new CD key from them.

chargib wrote:
 

Invalid MSDN product key for MS Office Standard Edition 2003

Posted: 20 Aug 2005 01:08 PM PDT

NO. The key from MSDN will *NOT* work to convert your Office Trial version. And yes the Professional version will work with the Standard version because it is the same key and will *ONLY* work if you downloaded the Standard version from the MSDN download site. Since the latter is not the case, the key that you got now is of no use.

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Eric Manko" <nospam> wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 

Office Update SP3 "unsuccessful" ...WHY and HOW DO I INSTALL IT ???

Posted: 20 Aug 2005 08:37 AM PDT

Your whole post ends up being crap by using an epithet. Case closed.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Richard asked:

| "garfield-n-odie" <microsoft.com> wrote in
| message news:phx.gbl...
|| You forgot to take your Midol again.
||
|| Richard wrote:
||
||| < crap snipped >
|
| What was crap ???
|
| MS Office is meant to be an end user ...easy to use product. The
| updates are meant to be virtually automatic and seamless in their
| installation.
|
| Or do you consider the nice 9 option "solution" something an end user
| (most likely a home or at best SOHO user) should have to contend with.
|
| You also didn't address the point about the solution which included
| switching off the firewall. In Micro$haft's own words: "We do not
| recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that
| you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this
| workaround at your own risk." Yet without following this step as
| 'recommended', presumably MS would refuse to provide further support
| to the problem?


VBA Help file not displayed properly

Posted: 19 Aug 2005 06:08 AM PDT

G'day there Pete,
 

I knew it would be something strange!! If it wasn't for Excel I'd
be a permanent Linux user. (I don't understand that OS either, but at
least I can read the scripts & config files) <g>.
 

Aha!! Perhaps I'm not as thick as I thought I was. I've identified
a clue! Although, even though I found it I didn't know what to do with
it.
 

Yes, that's exactly what I did. However, I had to do it about 3
times. In between the 1st & 2nd I installed SP3 for Office, and I got
the last attempt to work by rebooting between the 'unreg' & 'rereg'
phases.

Still, between your expertise & my swearing and cursing it
worked!!! My VBA help is healthy once more and shows the screens I tell
it to.

The swearing and cursing required no skill, but your knowledge was
invaluable. For your assistance, I offer my great & humble thanks.
Without your contribution my computer would have been hurled into the
passing traffic on the roadway out front by now. Thanks very much for
sharing your skills.

Now I'm off to try to write my Excel application for which my
employer *MIGHT* offer thanks and a handshake. If I'm really lucky there
may be a morning tea with coffee & sticky buns =)

Thank you very much once again, your contribution was invaluable.

Good fortune,
--
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia

product key will not work

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 09:34 PM PDT

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:53:00 -0500, "Brian" <com> wrote:
 

I know that Microsoft removes all activation records 120 days after
you first install Windows XP, but I've never heard of them removing
Office activation records 120 days after installation.

**** NOTE **** You would create a NEW activation record for XP if you
activate it again after the 120 days. Of course, you cannot use it
beyond the 30 days grace period without activating the product, unless
you choose to lie to the Activation support person you will have to
call if you activate a second installation of XP after the 120 days,
then attempt to activate on the original machine.

Please provide documentation for your claim that activation records
for Office are also removed after 120 days.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
================================================== =====

Error when installing Office Pro 2003

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 07:54 PM PDT

I found some information through a Google groups search that led to me fixing
this problem. I'll post it here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Eons ago I installed/copied a program from the Win2k installation disk
called "apcompat.exe" -- the Application Compatibility Tool -- which is used
to run non-Win2k applications (like Win95 apps, DOS games, etc.) on Win2k.
Apparently installing this causes some kind of problem.

So I ran the Office 2003 setup executable through the apcompat.exe tool as a
Win2k application, and it ran with no problems. Office 2003 installed fine.

Then I ran the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and that copied
files from my original Win2k installation CD to my hard disk. Afterwards I
re-ran the Windows Update to get the latest updates and patches for Win2k. A
reboot later, and now I can run the Office 2003 install perfectly fine.

John


"jwcalla1" wrote:
 

oem # for office 2000 small buisness disks is lost

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 06:44 PM PDT

Office 2000 SBE is a part of Office, as the OP would not be asking about a
server product in the Office group, no?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.


After furious head-scratching, Peter Foldes asked this group:

| Office Small Business vs Office 2000. Off 2000 is not available at
| all anymore unless you find one at a place such as Ebay. And I
| believe that Office Small Business might still be available since it
| falls under the Server. (Office Small Business Server SBS)
|
|
| "Dev" <com> wrote in message
| news:%phx.gbl...
|| Chris, you mentioned that you Office 2000 OEM. If I am not mistaken
|| Microsoft does not replace OEM Cd's(or Installation Media) as
|| according to the OEM policies of Microsoft it shall only provide
|| technical help and any media replacement or product ID help shall be
|| taken care by the OEM. Another thing is that even if Microsoft would
|| support replacing OEM Cds it would not do so for Office 2000 as its
|| considered to be out of support life atleast for replacement and
|| Microsoft has stopped shipping Office 2000 Cd to even its Retail
|| customer.
||
|| So I would suggest you to do is get the latest version of Office
|| i.e. the Office 2002(XP) or maybe Office 2003
||
|| For more info try to contact the Microsoft Order Desk at
|| 1-800-360-7561
||
||
|| "Peter Foldes" <com> wrote in message
|| news:phx.gbl...
|| Afraid you might have to buy another one. Do you have the Product
|| installation key still by anychance?
||
|| --
|| Peter
||
|| Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
|| Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
|| acknowledged.
||
|| "com"
|| <microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| news:com...
||| Is there a generic or will microsoft find me a new one?
||| Chris reid


How can I prevent Office 2003 trail from loading

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 06:11 PM PDT

It does not show up. It probably won't unless I let it install. But it
willinstallover office 2000, which means I would have to reinstall office
2000.
A real pain, since I already have it set up with the things I want.
(many of which shold be defaults anyway, but aren't.

I need to delete or uninstall whatever link connects the files to office
2003 instead of the installed version.


"garfield-n-odie" wrote:
 

How do I activate Office when internet connection can't be found?

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 03:01 PM PDT

Thank you Bob. I was not aware but now I am.

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote in message news:eu%phx.gbl... 

The envelope fonts that I select keep defaulting to Ariel.

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 01:27 PM PDT

Thank you for the help, but I either don't understand the instructions, or
there is another prpblem. The suggestions didn't work. But thanks anyway.

"taxman" wrote:
 

default language in office will not change to australian

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 11:17 PM PDT

S

As I understood the OP he wanted not the Spelling (which I agree with you 100% that you can) but rather the Office suite. Did I misunderstand his post. It surely sounded like he wanted the Office suite by itself to be in the Australian English language.

If it is the case as you read it and understood it S then by all means your post stands as correct and I do stand corrected.



--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Evadne Cake" <com> wrote in message news:eu.ngroups.net... 

Word: Command cannot be performed

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 01:58 PM PDT

Neither suggestion helped. :(

"garfield-n-odie" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


How can I uninstall Outlook without uninstalling rest of Office

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 12:53 PM PDT

To uninstall OL you would have to modify the Office installation, using the
Office cd.
But as the prev.post set OE as your default email app.

"Ar" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...