Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Table Content Alignment in Word 2010

Microsoft Word - Table Content Alignment in Word 2010


Table Content Alignment in Word 2010

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 03:01 PM PDT

Hello MS Community,

Could you tell me how to align the scores (at the bottom of each cell) in the table below so that all are positioned in the same line at the bottom of each cell?

CRITERIA

Excellent!

Meets

Satisfactory

Below expectations

Weak

SCORE

Content (4m)

Perfectly answered the question.

(4m)

One main point is missing but well explained ideas.

(3m)

Tries to answer but points are not organized and explained well.

(2m)

Only one point is mentioned.

Explanation is unclear.

(1m)

Plagiarized material.

Does not answer the question at all.

(0 - ½ m)

 

Reflective (2m)

It is totally reflective in tone.

Personal experiences were outlined.

 

(2m)

 

Totally reflective in tone but personal experiences could have been used more.

 

(1.5m)

Personal pronouns were used but there is a general feeling of secondary reflection rather than original.

(1m)

Secondary reflection was used.

(½ m)

It reads like a summary of the notes.

There is no indication at all of personal experiences being used.

(zero)

 


Thanks in advance

my office word will not launch all of a sudden

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 02:22 PM PDT

all of a sudden, my microsoft office word documents will not launch in windows 7....has anyone heard of this and know a quick fix?

Vanished work in Word

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 01:53 PM PDT

I spent an afternoon adding to a previously saved article in Word and accidentally caught my hand on the right side of the keyboard.  My eye left the screen for a split second whilst this happened and when I tried to continue working I discovered all the work I had done this afternoon had vanished.  The restore button was greyed out (it has now returned to normal but still will not retrieve any of the work) and I have searched the hard drive and cannot seem to find it anywhere.  There were approx 1000 words involved.  I have been unable to check the Clipboard as my second problem is that it is showing 3 out of 24 items stored and I do not know how to make the rest visible - on the assumption this missing work may be there.

clipboard items missing

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 01:41 PM PDT

My clipboard is showing only 3 out of 24 items.  How do I make the other 21 visible/usable?

Can I create a link in a Word document to a specific Word help topic?

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 01:20 PM PDT

I teach a class where APA format is required. Many students don't know how to properly format a paragraph using a hanging indent. I would like to create an auto comment that gives the students a link directly to the Word help file on this. Is there a good way to do that?

Network Device R�seau Mise en r�seau Ethernet Sans fil Carte Carte r�seau

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 12:57 PM PDT

J'ai un pc laptot hp. Je n'arrive pas à me connecter, ce que je fais facilement sur pc de bureau. Que faire?

Creating Drop Down Lists in Word 2013 that also allow users to type in manual entries...

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 12:22 PM PDT

I am having trouble with drop down lists in Word 2013.  When I create Date Picker field, it has the ability to select from a calendar or manually type in the field.  But when I create a drop down list, it only allows for selection from the drop down list and no ability for uses to manual type text if desired.  I want someone using the form to be able to manually type an entry if they desire.  How do I enable this? When I attempt to type in the field, there is a message in the bottom left hand corner of Word indicating that "the modification is not allowed because the selection is locked."  I do not have the check box for "Contents can not be edited" checked in the properties, though I suspect that is not what this is for.  Any suggestions

page numbering not working properly

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 09:06 AM PDT

Today I entered page numbering after a section break and it started where it was supposed to, but stopped after the number one (1).  It was working fine just a few weeks ago.  Can anyone help me to understand why this would occur.

 

Thank you

envelope printer assignment Word 2010

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 08:28 AM PDT

When trying to print an envelope, looking under Envelope Options, Printer Options shows a printer I used to have and Uninstalled it. When I try to print it goes nowhere? When printing my Word document it goes to my default printer OK. How or what do I do to get envelopes to print to my default printer?

How do I set up address book in order to print address labels. Am using Windows 8 on laptop and I am a complete novice silver surfer.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 08:18 AM PDT

I am a complete novice silver surfer.   I have a list of contacts names and addresses on my People tile but would  like to create an address book so that I can print address labels .  Don't have a clue how to start!!Am using Windows 8 on a laptop.    Christine

Ink annotations not showing in Word 2011 (MAC)

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 05:50 AM PDT

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could please help me out.

I have students sign an electronic document in Word 2013 (on my MS Surface Pro). Except when I open the document in Word 2011 (Mac) the Ink Annotations are not visible.

Is there anyway to view these annotations on the Mac?

Thanks
Nathan

Capitalisation

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 05:10 AM PDT

Can somebody tell me that when composing a letter why it is on occasion that the 1st word of a sentence doesn't automatically capitalise itself? Most of the time it does but not always?

words 2007

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 03:56 AM PDT

Can I download windows word 2007 free from the web?

re-install windows standard office 2007

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 03:49 AM PDT

I un-installed my disc (windows standard office 2007) because of a problem. I wish to re-install the program but my laptop will not recognise the 25 digit code. How can I get Words back?

Office Word Home Page Blog

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 10:44 PM PDT

File / New / Blog post comes right after Blank Document in Word 365. The concept is nice. But the posting is not working from Office x64 Word for my WordPress blog, http://webdesignwords.wordpress.com/. System is Windows 8 x64.

 

How do we get this Blog post working?

Custom XML Data

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 09:03 PM PDT

I recently upgraded to Word 2013. When I opened a few files that had been created in Word 2007, I noticed that under "Inspect Document" it said custom XML data was found. I saved the files under new names and let Word remove the custom XML, but I'm a little concerned about how it got there in the first place as I did not (intentionally, at least) add any XML data. 

Is the presence of XML data any sort of danger or security risk to anyone who might be sent or open the file? And how could it have gotten in there without me knowing?

---

(Sorry if this sounds paranoid. I had an issue last weekend where Word was throwing a false positive and triggering a security alert on one of my documents. Both a Microsoft support agent and a response from someone on the community assured me it was nothing to worry about, but it left me a bit jumpy so when I saw the XML warning on multiple documents,I was concerned)

Word 2003

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 08:53 PM PDT

Dear  all,

 

My 'File', 'Window' and 'Help' menu options on the menu bar have suddenly become dimmed.

Please advise how I un-dim this.

 

Thanks

 

Regards,

Tan

Problem pasting from Word 365 clipboard

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 08:31 PM PDT

I used the clipboard for the first time today. However, Word pasted all clipboard items into a single paragraph and not into separate paras, which I need. I could work around this by pasting the clipboard into Excel, but this seems to be a somewhat strange solution. Any ideas on how to paste directly from the clipboard into separate paras in Word? Maybe it is just a glitch in Office. Thanks

Erase function on MS Word 2010 doesn't work

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 07:40 PM PDT

At some point the erase function on the inking tools of MS Word 2010 stopped working with my Bamboo Tablet and with my laptop mouse.
I can open the pen menu with a variety of pen colors of thinknesses, even a selection of highligers.

At first, I couldn't find the eraser icon in the ink tools ribbon.  I was able to add it through the options command, but it will not activate when I click on it.  It doesn't matter whether I try it with the mouse or with the stylus on my Bamboo Tablet.  The separate highlight pen icon won't activate either, but since there are hightlight pens in the pen selection, this is not a problem.  But the lack of ability to erase is a serious problem.

Is there a bug to fix or maybe some other solution?

Word 2013 autocorrect entries not showing

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 03:41 PM PDT

I transferred my normal.dot from 2010 to 2013 and only my formatted entries are showing. The file size is the same as on the old computer. What would cause the entries to be incomplete?