Pages

Search

How do I find 2004 forums Microsoft Office for Mac

How do I find 2004 forums Microsoft Office for Mac


How do I find 2004 forums

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 08:21 PM PDT

"William Smith" wrote:
 

....and the google groups was just an interface to the newsgroups. You can
access all the Microsoft newsgroups via the Entourage newsreader.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>

--
Diane

Office 2008 12.1.1 Update Issues

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 08:51 PM PDT

"com" wrote:
 

Glad things are working again.

--
Diane

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 06:44 PM PDT

Dalya,

Thanks for the best wishes.

My goal is stable file tagging that is consistently transportable between sync'd computers. That just isn't possible with Spotlight Comments or any other method that I know of. I'm just trying to add Office 2004 files to my portfolio of file types I can reliably tag with this method.

Thanks.

Matt

2004 Setup Assistant crashes

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 05:38 AM PDT

"com" wrote:
 

I have no clue. I was thinking along the lines of different languages when
you mentioned Dutch and Japanese.

I hate to mention it, but it could take an "Archive & Install" of the OS to
fix it. I did this recently, and the only thing I had to re-install was my
Microsoft keyboard software.

"Archive and Install" moves existing system files to a folder named Previous
System and then installs Mac OS X again.

Just be sure to check Preserve Users and Network Settings when you select
Archive & Install.

Mac OS X: About the Archive and Install feature

<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107120>

Archive and Install of the OS

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/archive_install.html>

General advice on performing an Archive and Install

<http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/archiveinstall.html>

--
Diane

12.1.1 update fix

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 02:53 PM PDT

Diane Ross <entourage.mvps.org> wrote:
 

You could also forec-install it through Pacifist, but again, I would
exerce the same caution :-\

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire

Install Office for Mac or PC Version

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 08:49 AM PDT

com wrote: 

Actually, you need an Intel-based computer to do this (any recent Mac).
Nothing to do with using Leopard, which can run fine on PPC-based computers.

Electronic symbols

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 04:09 AM PDT

Thanks Bob - I appreciate your guidance.

Much appreciated!
Oliver

frequency of receiving mails

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 03:54 AM PDT

Wow, it's works, brilliant, thank you Bob.

Applescript question: changing format of selection...

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 10:33 PM PDT

You might repost the question in the Excel dedicated group. Also search
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/developers/default.mspx

and download the Excel 2004 AppleScript Reference and search that--it
may have more samples than the Migration Guide and might turn up a way
to address the command to selected text rather than extracting XXX and YYY.


com wrote: 

hard drive replacement

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 12:54 PM PDT

Yeah - I believe you're right - it was schedules & Sandbox that weren't
available in the freebie:-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 7/5/08 5:17 PM, in article
C49532E0.20F9E%entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<entourage.mvps.org> wrote:
 

Get gray screen when try to insert clipart in Office 2008

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 01:15 PM PDT

Bob, Thanks for making your suggestions. I have actually tried all of this: I've reinstalled Office 2008, installed all three updates, gone to disk utility to run permissions repair, restarted the computer- and still get only a gray screen when I try to insert clip art or to to the insert objects palette in the toolbox. I really don't know what else to do. I have a long term Mac consultant who is going to look at it for me on Monday. I'll let you know what he discovers.
Deb

Can't tell too awfully much without knowing specifics of OS X & Office

versions as well as in which program(s) this occurs, but in general...





Make sure OS X & Office are update to the current levels, run disk Utility
- Repair Disk Permissions & restart your Mac. If that doesn't resolve
it post back with complete descriptive details.





Also, what happens if you use the ClipArt mode of the Insert Objects palette
in the Toolbox?





Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac








On 7/4/08 4:15 PM, in article com,
"Deb Laurel" wrote:




 
for the > Clip Gallery. Does anyone know why and what I can do about this?
I need > access to the clip art. > > Thank you! > > Deb