Pages

Search

can't install office 2000 with transfer file - Microsoft Office forums

can't install office 2000 with transfer file - Microsoft Office forums


can't install office 2000 with transfer file

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 12:29 PM PDT

wwb wrote:
 

I think you mean a TRANSFORM file! Read the Office Resource Kit
deployment guide, then post back when you know what you're doing.

The TRANSFORM is applied at the point where setup calls the MSIEXEC. and
would be passed as a command line paramater.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Valid Product Key for Office 2003 Pro Edition

Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:48 PM PDT

The only articles I found in the KB about this error message deal with
getting the message after you've installed O2003. I'm getting that message
and haven't gotten it installed yet. There isn't even a directory set up for
MS Office. If I remember right the first time I got this message I had
gotten to a point where I was asked to verify my email address.
Unfortunately the log for the first time I attempted to install are no longer
available.

Has there ever been a time when the wrong product key was shipped with the CD?

"swimraft" wrote:
 

Office 2000: Admin OK, User gets "Error Applying Transform"

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 11:43 PM PDT

Hi Karlo,
 

Just look in the temp folder for User2 - something like

c:\Documents and Settings\User2\Local Settings\Temp

Look at every file if you have to, until you find something that looks
like it's related to Office. It should have an *.txt extension. When you
find it, copy and paste it here. With any luck it will show the error.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Outlook 2000 changing from pop to Exchange

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 07:16 AM PDT

You should be able to switch from Internet Mail Only mode to
Corporate/Workgroup mode without reinstalling -- see
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm for more info.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"DL" wrote:
 

software registration failed-now what?

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 05:30 AM PDT


THANK YOU for all your help. Took some further muddling around and MS CS
gave me sites to access that were defunct. But the problem seems to be
resolved and CS had me follow up with written snailmail registration to be
sure. Appreciate all the assistance. You are wonderful, you are terrific,
your mother loves you, and you are probably a terrific lover!

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:
 

can't install office 2003 for "all users"

Posted: 28 Jul 2005 03:33 PM PDT

russw wrote:
 

Have a look at my last post in the thread.

"msiexec.exe Application Error "The instruction at "0x00f33fe8"
referenced memory at "0x00f33fe8". The memory could not be "written"."

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

No Product Key on cd

Posted: 28 Jul 2005 04:30 AM PDT

I think they're sort of related.
"David R. Norton MVP" <com> wrote in message
news:0.0.1... 


how can I verify my office product with a broken cd-rom

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 06:12 PM PDT

If you mean the cd drive, renew/replace it
PS using the drive as a coffee cup holder can cause problems, specially when
you shut down the PC.

"pervin2" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
the 


How to Install Office 2003 to replace MS Works

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 02:46 PM PDT

I did so and it worked fine. Many thanks.

"DL" wrote:
 

Your activation system stinks!

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 09:46 AM PDT

CaptBob wrote:
 

I agree. Although I'm on volume licensing at work, and have managed to
stay clear of products that require activation at home, I've decided to
change my strategy, and never buy Microsoft retail products in future,
nor recommend them to friends/family. Even on volume licensing there's
still a risk it could fail to activate due to a bug or virus and you
can't risk that on a production server.

I also had to go through the most moronic process today in order to
download a simple hotfix from Microsoft. Many downloads now require
verification that you're running "Genuine Windows", which is fine except
it's way too time-consuming, the automatic version didn't work, and I'm
already paying a fortune for volume license and MSDN which claim to give
me "priority udpates".

I've started creating Linux builds for home users and these are working
well, but many corporates are tied into Microsoft so don't have any
choice but to go through these mind-numbing procedures.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

I don't find my office 2003 anymore

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 05:15 PM PDT

I don't have the CD.I am dissabled and have a pc frm the helpstation.I guess
they installed Office 2003 Standard edition.I have tried to launch it from
programfiles.
I also find it in programdata.

"Gyorgy Moldova [MCSE+I, MVP]" wrote:
 

Error in activating Office 2003 from trial version

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 08:13 PM PDT

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:56:06 +0100, MaineMeaker wrote
(in article <com>):
 


No, you won't. Uninstalling Office does *NOT* delete data files. You will
only lose your email if you search for the .pst files (which are hidden) and
delete them manually.





Installation Quits during Install Verification.

Posted: 20 Jul 2005 08:51 AM PDT

thanks Josh, I will have to do the same. I'm ok with saving registry etc.,
but was just hoping I could find out why I couldn't re-install.

Mike

"JoshAbell" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
office 
help 
during