Pages

Search

Deleted Mailboxes and Diskspace - Microsoft Exchange

Deleted Mailboxes and Diskspace - Microsoft Exchange


Deleted Mailboxes and Diskspace

Posted: 06 Feb 2005 07:33 AM PST

Thank you both. I have Exchange 5.5 and I sort of inherited all these
problems.
My Exchange Server had retension set to 30 days. I changed that to 0 days
and recovered 1 gig, but I think I recovered 1 gig because I used the Clean
Mailbox utility. Once I change the retension days I waited for an event ID
of 1221 but did not see one. When does exchange do Online defrags? I should
see more space to gain once the Online Defrag is done,right? And I will
definately start putting a mailbox limit!

Thank you very much.

Firenet

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
 

Hosting multiple domains

Posted: 05 Feb 2005 10:53 AM PST

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:53:04 -0800, Matt Clepper
<microsoft.com> wrote:
 

First off I'll say it's a bad idea. Why? Well, most ISP's will offer
this for free so whoever is providing services for domain B will
provide a "fallback" MX record that the world will use in the event
that it can't reach the actual MX record for the domain B mail server.

So, how?
On the domain A server go into Exchange system manager and create a
Recipient Policy for domain B. Don't have it apply to anything by
filtering the recipients out.
Create an RG and an SMTP connector for this address space that tells
it where (smarthost) to deliver the mail.

Syncing GAl and Free/Busy over 3 orgs

Posted: 05 Feb 2005 08:03 AM PST

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 03:50:31 +0000, Al Mulnick wrote
(in article <eIymB8$phx.gbl>):
 

Me to. ANyone else have any thoughts on this approach?

Ian

--
Ian Robinson, Belfast, UK - <http://www.canicula.com>
Soapbox - <http://homepage.mac.com/ianrobinson/index.html>

Sycronizing calendars

Posted: 05 Feb 2005 05:29 AM PST

Thinking of other possibilities: If you create an appt in a pf, there
is also a choice to copy to the personal calendar under the Actions
menu.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:38:53 -0500, Andy David - Exchange MVP
<com> wrote:
 

identifying forwarded messages

Posted: 04 Feb 2005 10:59 AM PST

Let me just say this is a government facility, and government
facilities can have some very strange requirements at times. I suppose
I'll just open a ticket with Microsoft then, to see if they can assist
me further. Thanks for the feedback.

Increasing Storage for Exchange 2003 datastores

Posted: 04 Feb 2005 07:27 AM PST

Mark,
Thank you for the quick response and the detail. I was prepared to do some
more research / legwork. Can't beat a step by step response with blazing
speed!



"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
 

Can I block 1 e-mail address ?

Posted: 04 Feb 2005 03:45 AM PST

The English nodes Al mentioned are:

(ESM) -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery
Open Properties and click the Sender Filtering tab.
There you can add the address you want to block.

- Genevieve
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"al" <com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


Why am I not receiving external email?

Posted: 03 Feb 2005 09:27 PM PST

Joseph Mouhanna wrote: 

Replied in another group. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to
multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message
to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that
everyone can follow the thread. This makes it easier for everyone, including
you.



NDR within 30 seconds of sending an email

Posted: 03 Feb 2005 01:47 PM PST



"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
 
Can you send mail to another mailbox on that domain?
NO

Can other users on your Exchange server send to this user or other users on
the domain?
NO

Are you entering the SMTP address exactly/precisely in the TO field, or
using autocomplete/etc?
Entering exactly/precisely in the TO field.

I don't know if this helps but someone that looked at the NDR says the
Header is missing.

Do you have any other ideas?

Funny thing happens when trying to exmerge to move mailbox , ....

Posted: 03 Feb 2005 09:27 AM PST

I'm not sure what you mean by "ALIAS".
Can you explain what exactly this is?
thx

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
 

MTA auto stop

Posted: 02 Feb 2005 05:33 PM PST

Dear,

I have using exchange 5.5 with sp4 on window nt4.0 sp6a

My exchang's always stop , around once on two day
It display Dr watson with below message

Anapplication error has occurred and an application error log is being
generated
EMSMTA.exe
Exception : access violation (0x0000005), Address:0x77e16c39

I hav check mircosoft website, it have some info on it,
but without any solution on how to fix

anyone can give me some help

Best Regards,

Sean




Messages not going to a particular domain

Posted: 02 Feb 2005 08:33 AM PST

Must be DNS since I am unfamiliar with "smart host".
Also, the OS is Windows2000 on that server.

"co.uk" wrote:
 

Telnet to Exchange 2003 server

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 12:38 PM PST

Thanks Mark for your help,
The funny thing is I can ping, trace, and Terminal service to the server.
We are on the same subnet. I can telnet to the Exchange server from the
domain controller using port 25. If I start the telnet service, I can even
telnet to the server itself not using port 25. Just can't telnet to port 25
on the Exchange server.

Thanks,
Mark

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <org> wrote in message
news:com... 


Synchronising 2 Calendars

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 04:23 AM PST

Tracey wrote: 

Not possible, at least not natively. Use the public calendar for, say,
company holidays/vacations, etc....and show users how to share their own
calendars.