Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - What is the normal default print command for Office 2010 with MS OS Win 8

Microsoft Word - What is the normal default print command for Office 2010 with MS OS Win 8


What is the normal default print command for Office 2010 with MS OS Win 8

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 02:05 PM PDT

When using File Tab Print command my default print command is Landscape.  I want to always open at Portrait.  Have Office 2010 with Win 8 OS. All print drivers are up to date.  Using a Brother MFC 9840CDW printer.

Windows cannot find

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 12:44 PM PDT

I have a Vista desktop using Word 2010, I am sent templates to work on and when I open the templates to do my work I get a message "Windows cannot find.........docx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." But the document is open and I can do my work. How do I make the message quit popping up.

I have tried the same with my laptop that is windows 7 and have no problem. I can even transfer the files from Vista to the wdw 7 and have no problems.

Word 2010 clash between different first page header and odd even footers

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 06:52 AM PDT

I am trying to create a manual which will be printed double sided. The page numbers are to be in the footers and mirrored to be on the outside of the facing pages when the book is opened i.e. on the left on even pages and on the right on odd pages. In the footer, against the centre margin, goes the document reference number. I've set this up using the 'different odd and even pages' option for headers and footers.

 

I also have to have the chapter title as a running header on all pages EXCEPT the first page of each chapter (I've set each chapter up as a different section). This chapter header will left aligned regardless of whether it appears on an odd or even numbered page. The only way I could find to do this was to check the 'different first page' box in the headers and footers tab of the ribbon bar.

 

THE PROBLEM: how can I deal with the fact that new chapters (sections) can begin on odd or even pages, and therefore I can't determine whether the page number should go on the right in the first-page-of-section footer (as it would for a section beginning on an odd page number) or on the left. Many documents I've seen get round this by specifying that new chapters can ONLY begin on an odd (right) page, but for this document that would incur an unacceptable number of blank pages as there many short chapters.

 

I can't work out how to resolve this apparant clash between the format I want pointing me towards an odd / even page scheme for the footers but a first-page-of-section / subsequent-page-of-section scheme for the headers.

 

What I need is either:

1. some way to suppress the running chapter title in the header on the first page of every chapter (section) WITHOUT having to create a different-first page footer

or

2. some way to force the first-page footer to know whether it is an odd or even page and have the page number on the right or left respectively (and the document number on the opposite side)

or

3. some way to specify separate odd / even footers to be used in the footers only, while the headers use a quite separate and independent scheme of first / subsequent page headers

WITHOUT

giving in and having every new chapter begin on an odd-numbered page!

 

Hoping someone can help with this

 

Bruce Officer

Calculating in protected word form

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 06:17 AM PDT

I designed a word document with calculated fields.  The fields that I wanted to calculate I ticked "Calculate on Exit".  Under Number format I selected 0.00 for all the fields that I want to calculate.  I protected the form for filling in forms.  When I use it as a protected form I type in 4.50 text defaults to 4.  When I remove the protection I noticed that under property all the Number Formats have (0.00) has been lost.

 

Grr!

 

Will appreciate assistance

autocorrect file.Roaming/Microsoft/office/MS02057.ad

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 05:49 AM PDT

Hi, each time I click into a new file for word/excel/email, I get this message coming up - our IT guy couldn't resolve it - anyone got any ideas?  I've done quite a bit of googling on this but not sure exactly what this relates to.  I recentl had my computer upgraded to office 2010.

Will a paper written in Win8 RT be able to be read on a Windows 7 computer? And vice-versa?

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 09:36 AM PDT

I want to buy a Windows tablet, but it will be the only Win8 device/computer I will own.  I do a lot of things in Word and Excel.  Can my files be read on my laptop, desktop, and then the Win8 RT tablet?  Or should I look more toward a full version of Windows 8 on a tablet?

 

Thanks!

New "winword.exe" command on each attempt to access Word

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 09:10 AM PDT

I have Windows 7 Professional. After my last shut down, when I try to open Word I get a message "do you want to allow the following program to make changes?" "winword.exe." After selecting yes, I get an error message "there was a problem sending the command to the program" and I am not able to open the document.

Any advice?

Thanks

word 2010 document printing text that does not exist in the document

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 02:05 PM PDT

I have created a template - basic fax template with some fill-in fields.  When I print the template a text "a-0789" appears above the Date field.  I have no hidden text in the document.  I have looked at the header/footer view but could not find any codes nor text entry that would indicate exactly where this "a-0789" is.  When I print preview or view my document in Print Layout view, I can't see the text at all.  I tried printing on a different printer but I get the same result.  I just want to remove this extra text somehow but I don't have any idea how.  Please help.

 

Luisa