Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - find and replace macro

Microsoft Word - find and replace macro


find and replace macro

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 11:41 AM PDT

Three questions:

Using this macro I need to set it up so that (x) changes to blank.  

With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
    .Text = "(x)"
    .Replacement.Text = ""
    .ClearFormatting
    .Replacement.ClearFormatting
    .MatchWildcards = True
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
  End With

Second question: I'm pretty sure I need special symbols around the parentheses.  What are they?

With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
    .Text = "("
    .Replacement.Text = ""
    .ClearFormatting
    .Replacement.ClearFormatting
    .MatchWildcards = True
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
  End With

Third question:  I'm trying to delete the modal operator  for necessity among other logical symbols with the following macro. It's character ChrW(8900)

I tried this and I also tried simply putting the character between parentheses but that didn't work.

With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
    .Text = "ChrW(8900)"
    .Replacement.Text = ""
    .ClearFormatting
    .Replacement.ClearFormatting
    .MatchWildcards = True
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
  End With




Mail Merge Labels

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 06:33 AM PDT

Using Mail Merge Wizard in Word 2010.  I can see the correct labels on screen, but when I go to preview and print it is only showing the first page.  I need them all to print. 

Valerie

Insert word into a document matching the font?

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 05:18 AM PDT

I use a complex word often.  A word with special lanquage charters.  How can I set up a quick way in Word 2007 to insert this word into a document matching the font?

What is this Character?

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 04:47 AM PDT

Greetings!

I am using Gentium (Greek) font, and there is a Greek punctuation mark (a semicolon -- namely, a period above the line) that I have to remove, but when I try a search and replace after inserting this mark, nothing is found. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

It is as follows (hard to see):
 ·

Exactly what settings are changed with you use Style Set, Word 2003 in Word 2010?

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 03:40 PM PDT

Exactly what settings are changed with you use Style Set, Word 2003 in Word 2007? Are these the only changes that are made:

The font (changes from Calibri 11 to Calibri 12).
Line spacing (changes from Multiple at 1.15 to Single)
Spacing after paragraphs (changes from 10 pt. to 0 pt.)

It looks like the Quick Styles gallery also changes.

Thanks in advance.

Trial Version

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 12:16 PM PDT

I received a computer that I won.  It came with Office for Home and Student - it does not state anywhere that it is a "Trial" - have been using it for over 2 years now and no problem. It even says "Thank you for Purchasing Office Home" on the Cardboard wrapper - When I go into Word to access a file - everything is fine until I try to send it - There is no "SEND" box.
A Pop Up states:
Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Trial - (Weird)
This copy has expired - (like I said, no where with the Product Key that it states Trial)
I click the "Upgrade" button
I enter Product Key - and hit continue - It asks to Install Now - I click this - It installs - no hick ups.
When it finishes, it goes right back to my Word document that I have opened up - no "SEND" box still.
I have shut the computer off and rebooted - still no "SEND" box.  Internet is fine as I have sent items from another source.
Why after it is loaded that it wouldn't state something like - Trial or something...
Please help - Thank you.

inserting files pushes endnotes to end of document

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 11:13 AM PDT

I need to combine many files into a manuscript. Some of the files include endnotes, but when I insert the next file after one with endnotes, the endnotes end up at the end of the document. I have tried using section breaks,with but no success. 

What is the best line spacing option for multiline mathematics?

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 03:48 PM PDT

Basic line spacing doesn't seem to be documented. However, from measuring with a point ruler, Word 2013's line spacing seems to be exactly 2 points greater than the type size -- 10 point type seems to be laid down on 12 point lines. Thus setting the line spacing option to Single instead of Exactly 12 points may have the same result. Why, then, are there the two alternatives? And what is the best line spacing option if you're displaying multiline mathematics?

 

Multiline mathematical formulas don't display well under exact line spacing. There's no flexibility to provide more room above and below to view the upper and lower lines, as in numerators and denominators. Single line spacing allows the whole formula to be visible on screen.

 

If Single line spacing is the flexible option that formulas require, why even bother with Exactly?

How to add a Word document (docx) and Excel document to the New option in the File explorer context menu

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 11:35 PM PDT

I am using Windows 8 and Office 2013.  Creating a new document is a bit of a hassle, because I have to call up Word or Excel and then use the Save as feature to browse to the folder where I want to save the document. 

There is a menu item to create new TXT and RTF documents, not for DOCX documents. Is there a way to add this to the menu?

Thanks for any help!