Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - headers disappeared from the building block organizer

Microsoft Word - headers disappeared from the building block organizer


headers disappeared from the building block organizer

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 07:42 PM PDT

I have been using a header called Motion for all of my documents in Office Word 2007.  When I came back to the work I was doing this afternoon both the Odd and Even versions of that header have disappeared from the Building Block Organizer.  Does anyone know how I can get that header back?  It's the only one I actually use as it's a fairly basic one.  If I knew how to get a picture in here I could show you what the header should look like.

I have a HP Pavilion a6500f running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

how to create C5 envelope

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 03:30 PM PDT

I use a C5 envelope, a size that is apparently unknown to Word but one that I have successfully defined to my Canon MG5350 printer. It may not be a standard US size, but it is definitely a European standard, designed to take an A5 sheet without folding.

In all versions of Word that I have ever used I have never found a way to define an envelope of the corresponding name,  size and orientation. Can anyone help?

Is it possible to set the MSO Word ruler to measure in centimeters instead of inches?

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 02:58 PM PDT

I'm working on a design for a label and the agency wants the artwork to a certain specification in centimeters. Word traditionally shows a ruler measuring in inches. Is there any way I can change that?

Label printing not aligned

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 11:55 AM PDT

When I try to print address labels in Microsoft Word, the lines do not line up at the left side.  The second line is indented below the first line and the third line is in front of the first two lines.In other words the lines are neither aligned to the left nor centered nor aligned to the right.

I had to restore my pc to an earlier time and now my word starter and excel starter won't open my files. It says to fix with control panel, but troubleshoot doesn't help.

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 09:42 AM PDT

Past restoring my pc to an earlier time, everything seems to work except I can't open my word or excel documents. How can I fix this. It says to fix at control panel, but troubleshoot won't fix it.

Clicking "Define" Requires Page Refresh

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 04:26 AM PDT

Hi all,

I'm on Word 2013 Professional for Windows 8 64 bit. 

I was enjoying the Merriam-Webster app but it has suddenly caught a little bug. When I click Define to open up the M-W definition in the right side bar, I get a message that says "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled. What you can try: Refresh the page." 

After clicking "Refresh the page," I get an alert that says the following:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
 
The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
  Click here to close this webpage.
  Continue to this website (not recommended).
 
More information
  • If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

    For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.



    Sorry about the big text I just pasted that in. I think it might be a McAfee alert? (I'm on a Dell and McAfee came installed, but if so, why is it suddenly acting up? I don't believe I've changed any settings and it was working before). 


    Anyway, if I click ok to give permission and access the page, it then takes me there, but it's a little annoying to have to do this every time. Any ideas how to avoid this alert? If it's a McAfee problem maybe I can white list the page somehow? Or is this a Word issue?  


    Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

  • Change marks missing in Word 2013 (Office 365)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2013 03:10 AM PDT

    In Word 2013/Office 365, when I turn on track changes or perform a file compare, the highlight on the left side does appear, but the actual changes are not marked. There are no underlines or strikethroughs. I have tried changing the colors for these from "By Author" to specific colors, but this had no effect.

     

    Worked fine in Word 2010. I've not yet removed Word 2010 from this computer and it still works fine there.

     

    This seems like a bug, because I experienced this within a day of installing Office 365 and had not made any changes or customizations. On the other hand, I've searched and not found any other reports of this problem. Surely, other people are using Word's Track Changes or file compare features.

     

    Any suggestions? Anything I should try or test?

     

    Thanks,

    Colin

    create a short cut in desk top for word and can't do pretty things with text like I could with 2000

    Posted: 31 Mar 2013 06:28 AM PDT

    just got new computer windows 8 would like to be able to create a short cut in desk top for word

    where in word: can you? find the insert word art that was on office 2000 that made text pretty by changing it shape look like making it horseshoe shaped, narrow becoming wider, going down instead of across

    thank you

    When printing labels, Word 2007 is printing blank pages.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2013 11:07 AM PDT

    When printing circle labels from an Avery Template, Word 2007 is printing blank pages.  In print preview I can see the words/pictures, but when it's printed it's blank.  I just printed regular shipping labels from another Avery Template and they printed fine.  But this template for some reason is printing blank pages.  When I print preview it, I can see the image/words.  When I create a PDF from Word's PDF creator, I can see it, yet it's all messed up.  BUT when I print to my other PDF creator on my computer, it creates a blank PDF.  Any suggestions?  I've tried a bunch of things already that I've read on here, but nothing's worked.

    How do you arc word art in word 2013

    Posted: 29 Mar 2013 09:18 AM PDT

    When I press word art and I type in what I want, there is no way for me or at least I cant find how to shape the phrase into an arc.