Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - How can I change from 3 columns to one without messing up the current page's text?

Microsoft Word - How can I change from 3 columns to one without messing up the current page's text?


How can I change from 3 columns to one without messing up the current page's text?

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 12:05 PM PDT

I'm typing out registration forms for our office, and at the top of a page, I have 3 columns. When I go to change to one column. (Format>Columns>One column from this point forward) it messes up the layout of my document.

 

I feel like I'm just missing something silly, but any feedback would be great!

 

-Doug

The Turkish Lira new symbol

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 09:48 AM PDT

Dear Sir,
The Turkish Lira has a new symbol how can I  insert it in a word document
Thank you

Office RT - How to sync SkyDrive files for Offline use

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 07:17 AM PDT

I have Office 2013 RT and I only see my SkyDrive files in the cache after I've open them once. I thought all my SkyDrive files were supposed to be available from the cache at any time. What am I doing wrong?

Unable to draft an A3 size doc in Word 2010 as default printer is only A4

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 04:26 AM PDT

My employer has just moved from Office 2003 to Office 2010. 

 

In Office 2003, I could draft an A3 sized document despite my default printer being A4 only (I'm on a network with access to an A3 printer when I need it).  I am unable to do this now.

 

Can you explain how I can replicate the ability to draft an A3 document without having to change my printer connection every time I want to do so?

Cannot Insert Author Field Into A Document

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 01:33 AM PDT

 

 

To insert an, "author field" into a document I take the following actions:-

 

1. Insert tab

 

Text group

 

Click on the drop down arrow to the right of:-

 

Quick Parts

 

 - then click on:-

 

Field . . .

 

The:-

 

Field

 

 - window opens.

 

2. In the:-

 

Field

 

 - window in the box called:-

 

Field names:

 

 - I click on:-

 

Author

 

 - then click on:-

 

OK

 

 - and the author's name correctly appears in the document.

 

I NOW WANT TO REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCESS, "MANUALLY"

 

. . . so this is what I do:-

 

3. CTRL + F9

 

 - to open a field.

 

This is what now appears in WORD:-

 

{  }

 

4. Into what is immediately above I type in:-

 

AUTHOR

 

 - so that it now appears as follows:-

 

{ AUTHOR }

 

5. I now close the field by typing:-

 

ALT + F9

 

6. The:-

 

Author

 

 - field does not appear in my document (as a result of my taking steps 3. to 5. inclusive above) as I was expecting it to.

 

MY QUESTION IS

 

7. Why doesn't the:-

 

Author

 

 - field appear in my document as a result of my taking steps 3. to 5. inclusive above?

 

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

My normal.dotm looks great when I open it from the template, but when I open with Word it is different. Why?

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 06:48 PM PDT

All of a sudden when I open Microsoft Office Word 2010 the new document is not an 8 1/2 X 11 page and the cursor is at the very top.  If I go to c:\users\name\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates and open the normal.dotm by right click and open it looks like I want it to.  If I left click to open the dotm from the same location it doesn't look right or if I just open Word.  I can't figure out what has happened.

 

I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010 Pro and installed it again, but I am getting the same thing.  I got a normal.dotm from a friend that has the same Office and deleted mine and put theirs in, but I still get the same thing.  Oh I also read on a forum that Adobe pdf program can cause the template to mess up so I uninstalled Adobe Reader and still same thing.  I don't have a clue how to fix this.

In Windows 8, Word 2010, the pages do not print beginning at the top of the paper.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 06:13 PM PDT

I am trying to print a book, 218 pages in length.  The pages print fine until page 142.  In the DOCUMENT, the title of the page looks correct, but in the PRINT PREVIEW, THE TITLE JUMPS AHEAD ABOUT 4 LINES AND THE PAGE PRINTS, BEGINNING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PRECEDING PAGE INSTEAD OF AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE where it shows in the document.

 

Any suggestions of why this happens or how to fix it?

 

Thank you!

 

[Moved from feedback]

Need "All Research Sites"

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 05:51 PM PDT

Want "All Research Sites" , but only "All Reference Books" is drop-down in Research function.  Tried "Research Options>>Add Services" to no avail.

Every time I open Word 2007, office goes through the configuration process

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 06:16 AM PDT

After a recent microsoft patch, Word 2007 started to act strangely. Every time I open Word, Office goes through the configuration process. I don't use Office 2010, but I seem to have a demo version installed. I don't know if I have the original office 2007 disks. I think it was installed on my computer when I bought it. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks 


How to remove automatic tab indent from Heading 1 style?

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 04:32 AM PDT

I am using Heading 1 to format text in my document to create a section heading eg "Section 1 Introduction".

 

I require the heading to be on centred on 2 lines eg line 1 "Section 1" and line 2 "Introduction".

 

This works find to a point!  But to get the "Section 1" part of the heading centred on the page, I have to remove the default tabs from my document, BECAUSE, the Heading 1 format style inserts a tab indent after the no. eg "Section 1->".  This then causes all existing sytles within my document which use the default tabs to be left aligned!  eg bullets, paragraph indents, no.s etc etc

 

How do I remove the automatic tab indent from Heading 1 style and keep the document default tabs (12.7) and thus the rest of my document formatting intact.  eg stop bullets, paragraph  indents, no. indents from defaulting to left aligned because default tabs dont exist!

Word 2010 hangs on printing

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 09:36 AM PDT

When I call up office 2010 word I can create a document, but  as soon as I try to print it locks up the whole program.  Any suggestions?

Help for flyers and invitations!!

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 07:50 AM PDT

I have the Microsoft Starter on my computer but I need to make some flyers and invitations... what program is best to use? Can I download it for free?

 

[Moved from feedback]

How to make a card with a green color wash

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 06:20 AM PDT

Hi, I've written a poem and would like the background to be pastel green. Using Windows Office 3.

 

[Moved from feedback]

barra de rolagem interrupção do funcionamento do programa

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 05:54 AM PDT

Bom, não consigo fazer com que o programa funcione utilizando a barra de rolagem. Só funciona o page down e page up. O computador ficou ligado durante a noite e acredito que um update tenha criado alguma incompatibilidade. O programa, enfim, está parando de funcionar. Alguém já viu algo parecido? Marcelo