Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - need more paper size choices

Microsoft Word - need more paper size choices


need more paper size choices

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 08:07 PM PST

New laptop to create church bulletin.  Installed same Office Home and Student 2007 on the new computer as I had on the old computer.  Emailed a sample of the bulletin to myself to open on the new computer.  First, the fonts are not the same, so adjustments needed to be made - that is only a small problem.  More importantly, I could see the completed page on the screen, then pressed print preview to see the overall look.  The print preview showed 8 1/2 x 14 white area, but a portion of the page did not display (as if the page was only supposed to be 8 1/2 x 12? instead)   I have uninstalled, reinstalled, manually changed the paper size, tried every product update I could find - nothing affected it. Then I thought that maybe the print preview was inaccurate, and if I printed it, it would come out with everything showing just the way I saw it prior to hitting print preview.  It cut the printed page view to the smaller size just the same as the print preview had shown. 

When I check the paper size, there is not a legal size option, as on my other computers.  Is it as simple as needing to find a way to add that to this new computer?  I just don't get why I cannot print it exactly the way that I have prepared it & the way that it looks on my screen.

Trouble Getting Find/Replace to Work Until Changing Forward = True to False

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 03:03 PM PST

I am selecting cells in a table and performing a simple find/replace but it does not work on many of the items unless I keep reselecting the cells and running the procedure several times (runs 6 others). I finally corrected the problem by changing "Forward = True" to False. Why did that fix it? What does that mean?

 

Please review my code below (the first one runs 6 others, plus one of the 6) and let me know if you see any problems. It is very straight-forward. The only difference between the 6 is the target text and the replacement text. Thanks in advance!

 

Sub Clear_Up_First_Four_Columns()
    'This is so user can go back to seeing %, #, > and < symbols (these don't go into MobilOps anyway):
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_Percent"
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_Number_Sign"
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_Less_Than"
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_More_Than"
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_Open_Line_Item"
    Application.Run "Clear_Up_Close_Line_Item"   
End Sub

 

Sub Clear_Up_Percent()    
    Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
    Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
    With Selection.Find
        .Text = "&#37;"
        .Replacement.Text = "%"
        .Forward = False
        '.Wrap = wdFindAsk
        .Format = False
        .MatchCase = False
        .MatchWholeWord = False
        .MatchWildcards = False
        .MatchSoundsLike = False
        .MatchAllWordForms = False
    End With
    Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

End Sub

How to insert tables in Office Word 2010

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 02:51 PM PST

How to insert tables in Office Word  2010