Pages

Search

Another Windows Installer problem - Microsoft Office forums

Another Windows Installer problem - Microsoft Office forums


Another Windows Installer problem

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 04:32 PM PDT

I did figure that out and I was running it as administrator.
I tried opening an office app from safe mode and received the following
message
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the
Windows Installer is not correctly installed, Contact your support personel
for assistance.
It would not load the program.

One other issue I have found is that the search function seems to be broken
as well. I am getting a message this file does not have a program associated
with it for performing this action. Create ab association in the Set
Associations control panel.

Stuart

"SC204" wrote:
 

Small Bus Office authorization

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 10:41 AM PDT

NewEgg (after hours of calls to Acer and Microsoft) has agreed to give me a
refund since it is obvious that what I was sent is not what I ordered and
paid for. I disputed the purchase so that they won't even get the benefit of
my money while they dither over the refund.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
 

Office Home Student 2007 - How to uninstall One Note

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 03:36 PM PDT

You change them to 'unavailable'

"xylophone" <co.uk> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


Problem entering my product ID into the registration window

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 02:28 PM PDT

It should be on a yellow and white label that says Product key and has a
little picture of a key. (I'm looking at a Vista box and making an
assumption that Office keys are in the same location.) Open the case, turn
it around, the label should be stuck to the back of the inner section.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"barry" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 

Removal Tools for Office Products

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 12:44 AM PDT

Hi, DL.

I appreciate the help and will proceed as you suggest; kind regards David.


"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


How do I keep my documents private in microsoft office word

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 10:01 PM PDT

In addition to the other suggestions, you can buy a little USB drive.
They are cheep, small enough to stick in your pocket and if you secure the
device you data is secure. You can use it on almost any modern computer.

"Confused" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit



I just bought a Toshiba laptop, it says I need a product key

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 09:32 PM PDT

A Media License Kit (MLK) must be acquired separately before you can use the software.
Contact the manufacturer of your new computer for assistance.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Big RonG" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com...
I am having the same problem with an Acer laptop. The auth card (included)
clearly says "Because you are buying a Microsoft Office Ready PC, you new PC
has Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 preinstalled. The key on the front
of this card is the product key." But no SBO shows to be installed. The
only authorization screen is for the trial - no instructions to get to the
other. NewEgg says 'not our problem' and MS wants to charge me more money.
HELP!!

"product key" wrote:
 

"Save As" menu not available on MS Communicator 2005

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 10:37 AM PDT

Hi Bob,
I just did it..
Thanks Bob... I did not find this discussion group when I posted my message.
Cheers
BB

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

Converting Office 2007

Posted: 05 Jul 2008 07:50 AM PDT

History meaning your files that you created ? If you saved them they can be

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Newbie" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com... 

new installation

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 11:48 PM PDT

Hi Faidi,

For MS Office Accounting you may want to also post in their discussion group, using the link below.

===========
<<"Faidi" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com...
Dear DL,

Many thanks it is working now with the original software. I have other
question I download office accounting pro2008 trail when I want to install it
give me the serial number is expired, and that serial I get from the
Microsoft site do you have any help?

Regards
Faidi <<
--
Please let us know if this has helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office Products MVP
 

LINKS

A. U.S. Editions of MS Office Accounting
-news/discussion group via newsreader software
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.sba.general
or
-news/discussion group via web browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.sba.general

B. U.K. Editions of MS Office Accounting
-news/discussion group via newsreader software
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.uk.moa
or
-news/discussion group via web browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.uk.moa

C. MS Office product 'Community' discussions via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via newsreader
news://msnews.microsoft.com


Problems moving MS Office Ultimate '07 from one computer to anothe

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 10:25 PM PDT

If you have your receipt for the purchase you can obtain replacement media
from MS

"mc_razza" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


installing 2nd office 2003 license on laptop fails

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 02:55 PM PDT

DL

Your suggestions got me started.

The installation completed, but no software was visible because I still had
to cancel out the Product Key pop-up.

After that I did a repair installation. It seemed to work. When I clicked
on activate it said the product was already activated.

Thanks very much.

Doug
--
Doug


"DL" wrote:
 

Customize Office 2003 installation not working properly

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 01:14 AM PDT

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply.

I just added the UNC path to SP3 and added the neede parameters. I have read
the link before and it doesn't help me.

I have just tried extracting all the files from the original SP3.exe file
and when I run ohotfix.exe manually it updates Office without any problems. I
then added the extracted SP3 files and ohotfix.* to the .MST file.
After adding the files and doing a new installation with the new .MST file I
found some ohotfix logfiles and I can see that the ohotfix failes because
Windows Installer is already running, and it's running because of the Office
installation :-)

How do I add SP3 to the actual Office 2003 source files?

/Lasse

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

my product key is not working. if i enter.

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 05:21 PM PDT

Computer manufacturers often install a trial version of Microsoft Office.
If you are getting a prompt to type in a Product Key when opening a Microsoft
Office program, it is likely the trial period is over and you'll need to purchase a
license (product key) for Microsoft Office.

The product key affixed to your computer is for Windows Vista (the operating system)
and not for Microsoft Office.

Please review the following:

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a
2007 Office suite or program installed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927920/en-us

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office
suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

How to buy the 2007 Microsoft Office suites:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101678741033.aspx?ofcresset=1


--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

---------------------------------------------------------------

"govind" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com...
I brought a laptop HP windows Vista basic.Every time when I try to use
microsoft word,a message want me to type in the product key,I found it in the
back of the computer,but it said was wrong(I also tried many times).

Now I can not use microsoft word,this is crazy.
Please someone help me! what I have to do?


office plus 2000

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 10:56 AM PDT

Wipe your hd, why?
After you reinstalled win, did you then install your drivers, and not from
winupdate.
Did you then run winupdate, before trying to install anything else?

"kurt" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Installing Office XP upgrade on new laptop

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 09:33 AM PDT

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external+floppy
eBay probably has cheap drives.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Maggie" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Office 2007 won't load on a XP Pro machine

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 08:31 AM PDT


"IDA Dave" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 

If the machine you are attempting to upgrade does not have at least XP SP2
installed the error message is NOT bogus. You need SP2 or later for XP to
install Office '07.