Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Mailing Labels

Microsoft Word - Mailing Labels


Mailing Labels

Posted: 07 Dec 2014 08:34 AM PST

I am trying to create Mailing labels from my address list in Excel.  I use the wizard and the labels appear on the wizard pop ups but not on the document itself. How can I get them to populate so I can print?  I have Windows 8.1 and Office Home and Student.  Thank you for your help in advance.

Dead links in table of contents

Posted: 07 Dec 2014 07:53 AM PST

Good day internet folk,

I am writing a document that has about 30-40 figures. Over time the document has evolved, and some figures (along with their captions) have been deleted, replaced, and added. 

I am nearing the final stages of the document and I wished to revisit the numbering of the captions. I updated the tables and all the figures and some odd things are happening. Firstly, there are some items in the table of figures that do not appear in my document. They are ghost links. They point to some random place in the document and i cannot find anything there. There are several of these, and I imagine this is what is preventing me from correctly numbering my figures. My first figure labels nicely, figure 1. perfect. The second figure is figure 13. frustrating. 

What i have done so far:

- select all, update table. several times,

- open close document, restart computer all that jazz,

- deleted problem figure and re-inserted it, to no avail,

- individually selecting each caption and updating them,

- cried.

Additionally, is there some known oddities between how word handles .jpeg vs .bmp images? I have found that .jpgs have the customizability with respect to border and shadows, but bitmap images do not. Furthermore, I have noticed that the two types of images will caption differently. One of them will create a caption in a text box, while the other will create a caption as part of the text. I figure this could also have something to do with the funny numbering going on in my document.

Any help is super duper appreciated, thank you very very much!