Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Word 2007 - No Encarta dictionary

Microsoft Word - Word 2007 - No Encarta dictionary


Word 2007 - No Encarta dictionary

Posted: 19 May 2014 04:40 PM PDT

I'm still using Vista Ultimate. The Encarta dictionary in Word 2007 has always worked fine for me until I did the security updates on 5-14-14 (coincidence? I doubt it). It is just in the last few days that it has stopped working. I used it at the beginning of last week with no problem. But the day after the updates it no longer works. What happened? I seldom have issues with my computer, but the few times I did, it is always immediately after a Microsoft update.

I tried the unchecking of Encarta, etc. That did not help. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thank you.

i want to try office home and student 2013

Posted: 19 May 2014 04:31 PM PDT

i don't have Microsoft home and office student 2013 or anything but want to try one free for 60 days to see if I can work with it, and if it helps me and also if I like it before I buy it and if I can try that one for 60 free trial how do I do this I can't find it anywhere can you tell me or send me a link to download it for free trial for that 60 day trial period.... and when before I send this to post I couldn't find office topic to pick so I put Microsoft office word oh well  excuse me if I picked the wrong category

Unspecified error, Ubicación: 2

Posted: 19 May 2014 04:27 PM PDT

I've been working on this word the whole day, contains graphics, equations and all. I had to leave, so I save it and when i wanted to open it later it would not, "unspecified error, ubicacion: 2" appears. I've already tried opening it with other programs but it is not possible.

It is word 2008.

I really would like help!!

7a4 page displayed while opening Manage Account from word

Posted: 19 May 2014 03:37 PM PDT

I have office 365 installed on my computer.

When I am trying to check my account status from the following steps.

click on manage account in a word program of office 365, Browser comes with  two tabs one with MY ACCOUNT page and the other with url http://7a4  

url comesup with page not displayed message for A4 page message.

I have changed the default browsers and checked my defaut home pages.

There is nothing wrong in it. But this 7a4 page always comes up.

Presumes like if there is some hidden URL in this MANAGE ACCOUNT tab of a word program.

Please assist.

Line breaks in fillable forms

Posted: 19 May 2014 03:10 PM PDT

When filling in a form in Word, how does the user insert a line break?

Mail merge Fields collection includes fields that were previously deleted

Posted: 19 May 2014 03:04 PM PDT

We have several hundred mail merge documents that reference a table in our database.  When the developers are making changes to a column in the table, we run a macro against the documents in a folder that examines the mail merge fields and creates an output file with the document name and field name.  That allows the devs to identify what documents need to be changed.

However, Fields collection includes fields that were previously deleted.  I can't find a property that identifies it as active or inactive.  Is there a way to exclude these fields programmatically, or remove them from the document?  I tried RemoveDocumentProperties (wdRDIAll) but no luck.

Thanks,

Barry

Spell check is overriding acronym HSI to HIS.

Posted: 19 May 2014 03:02 PM PDT

I even tried entering HSI into the dictionary.  Spell check is automatically changing HSI to HIS.  How can I permanently prevent spell check from talking total control?

Work 2007

Windows 7

Thanks.

Restrict Editing but allow access to embedded object in Word 2013

Posted: 19 May 2014 02:57 PM PDT

Hi all,

I have have a document with a bunch of fields as well as an embedded Excel object.  When I restrict editing, the form portion works as expected, however the Excel object is longer editable.  Is it possible to have a restricted document and still be able to edit the embedded spreadsheet?  Maybe an "exclude this object" option?

Thanks for any information!

Upgraded to Windows 7, Now Word is GONE

Posted: 19 May 2014 02:38 PM PDT

Hi,

I bought my ready made  computer online in 2008 with XP installed from Dell with complete Microsoft Office Suite for home installed. When I had to upgrade online to Windows 7, Powerpoint and Excel are still accessible on my computer, but have done many, many searches/alternate ways of locating Work, Essentails, etc. I had to use ABISOFT to write a document since I needed more flexibility than Wordpad. Please Help - I don't have keys since in was loaded on my computer by Dell.

Word 2013 freezes hangs when trying to save after editing and copying equations using the default Equation Editor:

Posted: 19 May 2014 02:18 PM PDT

I believe I've found a easy workaround to problems while editing, copying and saving equations.

But first, how I got here. Everything had been working fine with Word 2013 for me until few days ago when I was working with equations. I was specifically editing, copying & pasting equations within the same DOCX document. Word started freezing up and would not save during exiting the Word application. Word would just freeze and hang forever. My CPU and fan would go on full blast loud.

I had tried every possible troubleshooting procedure in these forums and knowledgebase articles including:

1) installing Office Compatibility Pack (even though I don't need Compatibility packs since I don't use older Office programs)

2) attempting repair of the Word document

3) removing all "add-ins" and trying Safe modes (I don't have ABBY fine reader)

4) repair of MS Office Pro Plus 2013

5) "clean" install of Windows 8.1 Professional on a relatively new 6GB RAM touchscreen PC with 400GB free hard-drive space

6) "clean" install of MS Office Pro Plus 2013 using MSI Installer / DVD

7) Applying all Windows Updates including Office 2013 Service Pack

8) Went to another computer that runs Windows 7 Enterprise with Word 2010 and this too showed the same problem.

Despite trying the above, Word 2013 continued to freeze and hang after working with equation editor and trying to save & exit.

Simple Workaround: CLEAR CLIPBOARD memory from Word after working with equations. Easiest way to do this is to either (1) do a "Clear All" from the Clipboard Icon in MS Word on the Ribbon, or, (2) just copy some text in your document and paste right over it before saving document or exiting application. This clears the Clipboard memory. Each time I did this, I had no problem!

It seems that Word is unable to handle something in RAM when working with equations and so emptying the Clipboard manually resolves this.

style inspector automatically launches

Posted: 19 May 2014 01:56 PM PDT

When I open Word 2010, all of the sudden the style inspector launches along with the blank document page. Can anyone tell me how to turn that off so it doesn't pop up each time I open Word?

Issues using multiple multi-level lists in Word 2010

Posted: 19 May 2014 12:08 PM PDT

I'm trying to use more than one multi-level list in my Word doc.

One looks something like:

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

etc...

And the other would be:

Heading 1

Numbered Paragraph style

However, I don't seem to be able to use Heading 1 in both multi-level lists.  When I set one (using the "Define New Multi-level List" dialog box), it removes Heading 1 from the Level 1 position in the other, so that the 2nd level in that 2nd multi-level list is no longer linked to the Heading 1 number value (and therefore starts again at 1).

I've tried different combinations of "Apply changes to" setting and checking/un-checking "Restart List After".I've tried different combinations of "Apply changes to" setting and checking/un-checking "Restart List After".

Please help!

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a limitation in using multi-level lists?

how to usemy microsoft 2010 starter on anothercomputer?

Posted: 19 May 2014 12:07 PM PDT

I don't know how to use Microsoft starter on public computer.

Columns and Styles in Word2010

Posted: 19 May 2014 11:49 AM PDT

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about Word 2010 the starter edition.

I have a 3 column page and each column begins with a title line.

The problem is when I try to apply a style (Header 2) to the titles: the second and third columns shift downward, the title of the second column doesn't even get the same style (the font is not bold) and, when clicking on it, no style is highlighted on the Home tab.

If I use Format Painter, I can convince the title of the second column to adopt it, but the drop in the second and third column remain.

How can I align the top of the 3 columns? I need to apply the Styles option (part of my assignment), a workaround is not good enough.

I tried checking "Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break" (Advanced Options) without any success.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Ms word 2013

Posted: 19 May 2014 11:15 AM PDT

Why does my ms.word/excel/etc take 30seconds to configure every time i try to open it up.

It's really annoying

error when printing an envelope in word 2013

Posted: 19 May 2014 10:23 AM PDT

when i try to print an envelope in word it keeps asking me to select 1 to 31.  which of course is for labels not envelopes.  If i go into labels and select to print one label and click row 1 column 1 then go to envelopes it will print the envelope but this is alot of work to do a task that should only require 1 click, especially when you have to print 60 envelopes. 

<IE11>

Problems cross-referencing equations--508 compliancy

Posted: 19 May 2014 10:22 AM PDT

I have read earlier posts about this subject.  I set up my equation label to not include the label, but when cross-referencing an equation, the entire equation and any additional text is inserted (I have to treat the equation as part of a sentence, therefore requiring a comma, period, or ", and") along with the equation number that is located at the right margin in parentheses.

I would like to use the 3x1 table, but I am required to make my document compliant to 508 standards, meaning that I cannot place an equation in a table structure for the purpose of separating the equation from the label.  I've been told very clearly that I cannot do that.

Is there another solution available?

Word 2010 PDF Document

Posted: 19 May 2014 09:43 AM PDT

I have Office 2010 installed on a Windows 7 computer.  I have a PDF document that I would like to convert to Word format.  The PDF document has tables and images which I would like the format to carry over to Word.  Just so I am clear, I want PDF to Word.

Can I use Word 2010 to convert a PDF document?  

Once I convert the document to Word format, I would like to EDIT the document in Word. 

Track Changes: Tracking multiple author changes as one author

Posted: 19 May 2014 09:10 AM PDT

I am working in an environment where most of the users do not want their edits to be tracked by author. They've set it up so that the Office user name is the same across the enterprise so that when a second editor makes revisions to the previous editor's changes, the new revisions replace the previous changes and the original changes are deleted.

This causes multiple support issues, particularly when working with documents from outside or that have been edited from someone's home PC.

I am unable to find any documentation on how to consistently use Track Changes in this way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Word: Save as PDF, hyperlink is longer than 1 line

Posted: 19 May 2014 07:40 AM PDT

On a mac here (I haven't tried this issue on Windows).

When a hyperlink is longer than one line, and I save the word doc as a pdf, and when I open the pdf, the hyperlink get's cut off at the end of the line, even though it appears to be whole.

Adobe thinks, this is something Microsoft has to fix.

Thank you.

Edit: I tried this on Office 2013 on a PC, and it works okay. I will check on Office 2010 on a PC, when I have access to one.

help! "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag. Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column:646910. (word 2010)

Posted: 19 May 2014 07:10 AM PDT

when I was converting the file into pdf version the Words just crashed and I cannot open my file anymore.....  without backup, i haven't submit my assignment yet...I will lose all my marks.....no.........

I've tried the SP1 , SP2, fix it and the rebuilder, but they all seem useless.....

This is my final work and I have to stay throughtout the nights in the following days to submit my work.....

If anyone can fix that I will be really appreciate!!!!! 

Or maybe someone can tell me how to deal with that......

I really need my assignment back!!!!(with my marks.....

Thanks!

I upload the file to my skydrive in case someone need it :)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F3193593A160498A!112&authkey=!AP7EjqSkxP9yj8g&ithint=file%2c.docx

word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable.

Posted: 19 May 2014 06:46 AM PDT

I using Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Office 2013 and am getting multiple error messages including:

Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable.

Word can not save or create this file.  Make sure the disk you want to save to is not full, write protected or damaged.

File or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Do you have any solutions?  Office quite responding several times while I was working so probably contributed to the problems I am having.

Word 2010 consecutive page numbering in a document where several pages, midway through, must not to be included in page count...How?

Posted: 19 May 2014 05:28 AM PDT

We have a document with 5 sections, and it needs to be consecutively page numbered from 1 to 30. However, several pages must also be provided as 'attachments'  at the end of Section 2, and those pages must NOT be page numbered.

Complicating matters further, is the fact that as required text is entered into Section 2, Section 2 may grow unpredictably by a page or two, before the 'extra' pages need to appear.

We fully understand how to consecutively page number a document across multiple sections, but Word's built-in page numbering does not appear to be able to handle this kind of complex scenario.  There seems to be no way to tell Word to not include certain pages in the overall page count, yet consecutively auto-number all the other pages from 1-30.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this, other than the obvious (but impractical, for us) workaround of printing the document, then inserting the 'extra' pages? 

Numbered Lists in Word 2007

Posted: 19 May 2014 04:34 AM PDT

Good Morning,

I just took over  responsibilities for a large group of Word documents, and will be doing some major updating and editing.  The first thing I notice is the numbered lists are left aligned.  I used to work with Word 97, about 15 years ago, and now I see that MS has not corrected this.  It looks quite amatuerish to have the spacing between the number and the first character of text change when you go from 9 to 10.  Is there a reason why this has not been corrected. 

We will be updating our version of Office and Windows in several months and I hope this will have been addressed by then.

Thanks for any feedback.  I have hundereds of these lists to adjust in documents I need to update, and am hoping for the best.

Hugh

Ruler doesn't show tabs/indents

Posted: 19 May 2014 02:54 AM PDT

Although I have indentation settings in my document, the horizontal ruler in Word 2013 never shows the tabs, as Word 2010 used to.

Here's how my ruler looks like:

How can I make the tabs visible? Thanks!

Copied text from IE browser to word document showing grey background

Posted: 19 May 2014 02:13 AM PDT

I have copied a text and hyperlink from IE browser to word document, It showing grey color background for the text.

If i copy only text from IE to word.It's not showing the grey background. how to avoid the grey background. Can anybody help me out...

Thanks,

Rex Andrew. I

Moving Office to a new hard drive or computer

Posted: 18 May 2014 11:06 PM PDT

I have Office 2010, and need to either buy a new hard drive or computer. If I copy the drive over, using Ghost, Acronis or similar, will Office still work? In other words, how is the license set up and validated? If something like the MAC address and I get a new computer, obviously it won't work. I don't know where the original media (disks) are.

Word in Office 365 is unable to select text after Office update

Posted: 18 May 2014 08:41 PM PDT

Word in Office 365 is unable to select text after Office update. It can select text in safe mode, but not in normal mode. I have disabled all add-ons. How can I fix this?

Chris J

How to change the default font for the Table of Contents

Posted: 18 May 2014 05:17 PM PDT

Every time I update the entire table of contents, the font changes to Calibri (Body), size 11. Can this be changed?

When I try to type in quotation marks, or question mark or apostrophe this shows up instead: È. How do I turn off whatever I hit.

Posted: 18 May 2014 03:43 PM PDT

When I try to type in quotation marks, or question mark or apostrophe this shows up instead: È. How do I turn off whatever I hit.