Pages

Search

MS Office XP Activation Window Font Too Big Problem - Microsoft Office forums

MS Office XP Activation Window Font Too Big Problem - Microsoft Office forums


MS Office XP Activation Window Font Too Big Problem

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 09:11 AM PDT

Todd,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion already -- it has no effect on the font
size within this activation window. It does change the rest of the
computer, but not this particular activation window.







Todd Varriano wrote: 

Office 97 - Not enough Memory??

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 07:52 AM PDT

Thanks Susan, I found a previous stand alone version of Word 97 that after I
deleted it and reinstalled Off 97, the problem went away.
Bob


"Susan Ramlet" <susan@mvps-dot-org> wrote in message
news:exy84$phx.gbl... 


Uninstall Utility?

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 07:50 AM PDT

Hi,

I think you should first clearly define the errors you are seeing, and
then decide the best solution. This will save time overall.

I do know the earlier version utility you are talking about, but I don't
think it's the correct solution to this, even if it existed.

Ridge Kennedy wrote:
 


--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

2003 Office Student Trial says pc date is incorrect.

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 06:16 PM PDT

Thanks but I did that. The current date,Time Zone and Time are correct. I
think Office Trial software knows that I reset the date but I didn't reset it
to cheat the duration of the trial. It says my pc date/time are incorrect and
says that I need to correct them but they are correct. It won't let me use
the trial software other than in restricted mode (read only).

"Peter Foldes" wrote:
 

Microsoft Office Evaluation Kit

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 02:36 PM PDT

Any installation or upgrade of Office NEVER touches your data files created
with a different version (however, having said that, it is always wise to
make a backup of your files before installing any software).

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, dolphinius asked:

| Hi, I'm using the student version of Office XP, and sent for a trial
| version of Microsoft Professional Edition 2003 so I could try out MS
| Publisher and Access (not included in student version). There is a
| caution included with the trial kit that suggests I uninstall
| previous versions of Office first for best performance, or have
| original software discs handy to reinstall if necessary. My question
| is am I likely to lose documents that are saved as part of my current
| Office XP package?
|
| Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
|
|
|
| dolphinius


Admin Installs - Office 2003 Pro - Microsoft Update

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 10:02 AM PDT

Hi Sandy,
 

I read all the docs in some detail, and the stuff in the deployment
guide about LIS comes across as propaganda to me. As I see it, the AIP
is the professional route, and recache and reinstall is very quick and
easy - I have no interest in having hundreds of unpatched LIS files and
applying full file client updates - life if too short!

The whole Windows Update, Microsoft Update, WU, WGA, AU, WSUS, SUS, MBSA
1.1, MBSA 2.0, SMS, Enterprise Scanning Tool, saga is a complete mess
anyway, and what happened to the trumpet blowing rhetoric about
"unification", LOL).

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Re-installing Office XP on new hard drive

Posted: 14 Aug 2005 10:24 PM PDT

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:31:05 +0100, Mike wrote
(in article <com>):
 
 

That's irrelevant. As Milly stated if you no longer have the qualifying
media, your upgrade licence is null and void (as you'd have known had you
STFW). Once you use an application to qualify, the two applications become
one and the licences cannot be separated. If you no longer have the QP, then
you no longer have a licence to use the upgrade. You're SOL.

You can, however, use your XP licence as a OP for Office 2003 (providing
you're running a qualifying OS - Windows 2000 SP3+, XP or 2003).

Deploy Office 2k3 OEM w/ SBS

Posted: 14 Aug 2005 07:54 PM PDT

Corrected link

http://microsoft.com/oem

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 

Lost MS Front Page when Updated to MS Office 2003 from 2000

Posted: 14 Aug 2005 04:22 PM PDT

Your best bet is to install from the oldest to the newest. Uninstall all
versions of Office. Then install only Front Page from the Office 2000 CD.
Run all updates you find for Office 2000. Reboot and then install your
current Office version and again, run all current updates and reboot.
Ensure you have them all by again visiting Office Update when you *think*
you are done. Often, one or two will still show up.

Then run Windows Update.


--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Arte asked:

| Good idea - when I try this I get an error #1500 "another program is
| trying to be loaded". The system is trying to install Office 2000
| before it will install Front Page. I tried numerous variations on the
| theme you provided but am stil unsuccessful. Any workaround for
| this???
|
|| Perform a custom installation of Office 2000. Mark everything as
|| unavailable and then go into the Front Page option and select "run
|| from my machine."
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, Arte asked:
||
||| I recently upgraded my software from Office 2000 to Office 2003
||| professional with contact manager. I noticed afterwards that the new
||| office suite did not include Front Page which I had used to build a
||| personal website. When I installed the new version of Office I
||| removed the old one to save space on my machine. I attempted to
||| install just the Front Page from my Office 2000 disc but could not
||| discover how to do it.
|||
||| Does anyone have any suggestions how I can reload Front Page 2000
||| without the rest of the office suite, particularly the Oultlook
||| portion? I can't upgrad to 2003 without FP 2000 being installed.
||| Having purchased the software I hardly think it fair that I should
||| have to purchase more than an upgrade.


Product license key changes on install

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 09:55 PM PDT

I would go with your old and original key

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"JRenee67" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com... 

How to convert BMP image to jpeg

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 06:39 PM PDT

Another way is to use MS Paint.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Timothy L" <com> wrote in message
news:Odc1%phx.gbl... 


product key screen freezes

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 02:24 AM PDT

Laptop is 2 years old, and is the Fujitsu P1120, whose size is the reason for
no drive. Also, for my purposes, the only thing I'd ever do with it is
install programs. These days, I actually think the drives are pointless,
given you can get sticks which not only hold data in a smaller space, but
don't break and scratch like CDs. So I'll counter your point of getting an
external. I'd argue unless you're watching movies on planes and don't have a
desktop off of which to install programs via network, then today's laptop CD
drive is the more dinosaur way to go than my setup.

As for the product key, it started working for some reason after a couple of
tries.
--
Boris


"Evadne Cake" wrote: