Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - select a watermark in word 2010

Microsoft Word - select a watermark in word 2010


select a watermark in word 2010

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 01:25 AM PDT

Hello,

 

Word doesn't have a "copy" custom watermark built in, however if you go Page Layout > Watermark > Custom Watermark you can type your text and get the desired result.

is there anyway of selecting this watermark I have created? so I can save it as a template?

 

Thanks in advance

text jumps to the left column

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 08:13 PM PDT

I created a Word document and reformatted it for 2 columns.  About 6 or 7 lines of the text from midway down the second column has jumped to the first column.  The remainder of the text below it is where it belongs - in the second column.  Any attempts to retype the text where I want it causes text below it to misbehave similarly.

Can someone help me diagnose and fix this problem?

Can I change "Click here to enter text" in a text entry control in Word 2010?

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 04:53 PM PDT

When I insert the Rich Text Content control in the Control group on the Developer Tab in Word 2010, there is text that says "Click here to enter text". I would prefer not to have so much text cuing the user to type there. Can I change the prompt wording? and is there a way to print the document so the prompt does not appear when printing only? So a user could choose to complete the form electronically or print the form then fill out by hand without the prompt taking up space?

I cannot upload a picture, so please try to imagine what "click here to enter text" looks like in a space that should only be about 10 characters long, as it might be limited in a table.

 

Thank you.

Word does not work any more.

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 08:23 AM PDT

Word does not work any more.  It failed after installing Epson xp-800 printer with Abbyy reader software.  Word was working fine before this install.  I have windows 8 operating system.  I got one pop up suggestion from word.  To disable a part of Abbyy reader, I checked "ok-yes" on the pop up box but nothing changed it did not work.   The suggested fix from Word did not work.  I am not sure if I have Office 2010 or 2013

hover over additions and deletions to see history and author

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 05:46 PM PDT

In Word 2010 you used to be able to hover over an inline insert or deletion and see who the author was. Where is that feature in Word 2013.
If the reviewing pane is open, clicking or highlighting a change in the document does not take you to the change in the reviewing pane to see who the author is. Likewise, clicking on a change in the reviewing pane does not highlight or show the change in the document. When there are multiple people editing a document, hover was a good way to see who made the change. Also, Show Markup/Reviewers used to show the color of the author. That is gone from 2013 as well. Not everyone makes a comment. I want to see who made an inline addition/deletion.

Word 2013 docx file incomplete depending on computer used to view the file

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 05:45 AM PDT

I have a word file created on a laptop. It is 40 pages long. When I move this file to a USB drive and transfer it to my desktop the file is incomplete and I only see the first 29 pages of the file. When I check the file on the USB drive on my laptop, all 40 pages show. Using Dropbox and Skydrive the results are the same. Restated, the word file is complete on my laptop but incomplete on my desktop. Both computers run Windows 8 and have Office 2013 installed. Is this some sort of cache issue? 

Edit: I tried renaming the file on the desktop, but the issue persists.

Edit 2: On the desktop, Word stops displaying the file at page 29 and the page count feature indicates only 29 pages are present. If I go to page 29 and delete some white-space in the document, text from later in the document (pg. 30) comes into view. The rest of the data/text is still there, but Word stops at page 29 when displaying the file.

Can different computers use Office 365 concurrently

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 09:32 AM PDT

If two of us are using the same subscription, can we access different files from different computers?

não consigo abrir os arquivos

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 09:23 AM PDT

os programas do word e arquivos não abrem.

I'M TRYING TO PRINT AFTER INSTALLING WINDOW 365 / WORD; IT WANT ME TO RUN ONE NOTE FIRST ??? HOW DO I DO THAT????

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 07:16 AM PDT

I'M TRYING TO PRINT AFTER INSTALLING WINDOW 365 / WORD;   IT WANT ME TO RUN ONE NOTE FIRST ???  HOW DO I DO THAT??

Word 2013: English (United Kingdom) is set as default but spellchecker still uses US English

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 01:58 AM PDT

I have UK English set as the default within File/ Options/ Language but it keeps insisting on expecting z's where there should be s's etc.