Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Word 2010 Accepting tracked changes, but retaining Comments?

Microsoft Word - Word 2010 Accepting tracked changes, but retaining Comments?


Word 2010 Accepting tracked changes, but retaining Comments?

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 07:13 PM PDT

Hi, I have a large marked up policy document. I wish to accept all the changes, but retain the Comments. When I accept all the changes, it removes the Comments. Any suggestions gratefuly received. I am currently working in Word 2010, but am working on a 2003 document which will need to ultimately remain in 2003 format  Thanks.

Ciick to run updates

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 02:28 PM PDT

I have an activated copy of office 2013 professional plus. My click to run update version is stuck at version 15.0.4481.1005. I tried the repair on line feature to no avail..My office update is set to automatically download updates but it is not working.Any help would be appreciated. Gilles C

Error with email attached Word document

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:37 PM PDT

Whenever I open a Word document that is an email attachment (Windows Live Mail 2011), I get an error message that Word cannot open because a dialog box is open. The only dialog box open is the one with the error message. When I close it, the document opens without problems. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

Word 2013 typing/editing question

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 11:41 AM PDT

Word 2013 won't let me drag and drop text. I checked under Options, Advanced, and the box for the "drag and drop" option is already checked. Any ideas why it's not working?

How do you get a watermark to appear on a copy

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 05:23 AM PDT

I have created a BOL with a watermark on it.  When I make copies, the watermark is not visible.  Is there a way to create a watermark that will show up on a copy?

Is it possible to automatically trigger my autocorrect options in documents created on other computers?

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 04:18 AM PDT

In Office 2010, is there a way to trigger autocorrect on a document that someone on a different computer has created? I handle the registrations for an annual convention, and those registrations use special codes for different events. I have my autocorrect set up to expand those codes into the full name of an event. I'd like to be able to generate that text automatically in the registrations that others send me, without paging through each document.

File conversion help!

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 07:43 PM PDT

I have MS Office Word 2007 and recently installed Windows updates. Since then when I open documents created in earlier versions, the document (ex. 2003), it does not convert to a 2007 document.  Also, every time I initially open Word, it goes through the configuration process. I've restarted my computer and this has not fixed either issue. Help!

Word opens without a document

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 06:49 AM PDT

This morning I installed a number of updates, mostly to Windows 7 and Office 2010. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but when I click on any of the documents (either Pinned or Recent) on the Taskbar jump list for Word 2003, a new instance of Word opens without any document, much less the one I clicked on. Luckily my Work menu is still working, but the two lists don't entirely overlap. When I click the X to close the empty Word window, I get the "Changes have been made to the Normal template..." prompt (entirely without cause). I decline to save it, and the Word window closes, leaving the original instance of Word still open. I've come to depend on the jump list, so this is very distressing.

 

The problem seems to be confined to Word: jump lists for Excel 2003, Publisher 2003, Word 2007, Word 2010, and IE 9 still work as expected.