Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - no email client associated

Microsoft Word - no email client associated


no email client associated

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 02:45 PM PDT

I am using outlook 2010 with win7 as my default email client but when i try to send a document directly from within word I get an error message saying there is no email client associated?  I have verified that outlook is set as the default.  what am i missing?

Remove Header and Footer from Word 2013 after latest update

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 02:25 PM PDT

I have Word 2013 64 bit on Windows 7 SP1 64 bit Pro.

After todays patch Tuesday every time I open a word document (old or new) I have this annoying header and footer placeholders that I can't remove in any way (I do know how to remove headers and footers). I think it's some sort of a bug.

Here is a  screenshot of what I see in Word (look at the squares at the edges of the document)

 

I can't type in a blank area.

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 12:34 AM PDT

At the bottom two inches of a Word 2007 document I have two paragraph markers showing and about almost two inches of empty space.  As soon as I try to type beyond the lowest line with the paragraph marker the line jumps to the next page leaving a big void. ??????????????

How to translate Word2010 document from USEnglish to Spanish

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 08:55 PM PDT

What is it that I need to do to trnanslate my document from US English to Spanish ?

Office Home & Student wouldn't start

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 04:39 PM PDT

recently installed on new HP laptop. Has worked well for last couple of weeks. Today received message "Something wrong, couldn't start your program.

Page borders in document not showing up on co-workers PC.

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 12:48 PM PDT

At my co-worker's PC, I can see the page border.  They send me the file and it looks fine on my screen.  We have the same laptop and the same Word program.  My co-worker has every document in Word pulling up with a page border.  I have checked her settings and you can click to remove page borders and it doesn't do any good.  Does someone have a suggestion?

Insert Julian date with Word

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 08:04 AM PDT

I use Julian style datetexts to name areas within word files. I copied the Julian date from a paper calendar and marked it as Heading1.  Its a great way of taking notes and automatically compiling them. The today+julian date is added in Heading 1 text and all items after it are in larger numbered Headings. Its easy to assemble the notes and then use Table of Contents or Indexing functions. When Table on Contents  or indexes with links jump to the spot in the file you need.
      I am assuming the hypertext link function was not removed (?) but is there a convenient way or app to give me a form of Julian date ?
Should I just use   2013-03-11 date insert instead?  It does make it a bit harder to do  various number of days calculations from that format when something needs to happen 30 or 60 or 80 days later then a date.

It would be a great app if you could get a question box " how many days to you wish to add for an end date calculation, and then deliver an end date in the format  2013-0#-## format"
example something like
today+ 21 days   response today is 2013-03-11, the end date is 2013-04-01 Monday

This would be great for anyone dealing with "its takes 21 days to do something?
 It could have a spinoff for working days.

By adding this to Office 365 rollout could be a snap>

Yes I will submit to being an Alpha or a Beta test sight for this product/app.

/s/ Dan Barry

some of my documents have been changed to one note. How do I get them back to their original format?

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 03:27 PM PDT

I am right in the middle of writing a book, and I went to my documents to add more writing. When I opened I discovered that it had some how been changed to One Note instead of a word document. How can I get all my writing back and get it back into a word format?

Sequential days and dates starting from "start date" entered in form

Posted: 09 Mar 2013 02:02 PM PST

I created a monthly calendar template (as the base for a daily planner) using the MS Word 2010 monthly calendar template and wish to add to the document by creating pages for each day of the month.  Using form fields, how can I sequentially insert the date for each daily page, using the  "start date" entered into the form?. For example, if I update the monthly calendar for "March 2013", the dates to be entered would be Friday, March 1, 2013, Saturday, March 2, 2013, Sunday, March 3, 2013, etc.  

 I read the document at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party multiple times and did not find the information needed.

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered.

 

Formatting the index heading

Posted: 07 Mar 2013 02:58 PM PST

I created a simple Index in MS Word 2007 and I formatted the index text by modifying the "Index 1" Style. I added the \h "A" switch but I cannot figure out how to change the style of this heading. They continue to appear in Calibri 13 Bold even if everything else is Times New Roman.
Is there any way to format the index heading letters?

Thanks!