Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Need to get rid of a "line"

Microsoft Word - Need to get rid of a "line"


Need to get rid of a "line"

Posted: 06 Jan 2013 05:05 AM PST

Hello.  In Word 2007.  Someone sometime started a document from some template gotten from somewhere.  We just do not know.   The document is now some 200 pages long.  In the header and footer of this template (now living as our document) there is this really annoying single horizontal "line" that lives margin-to-margin on each page inside both the header and footer.  I believe it is probably the template author's attempt at implementing some sort of graphic "styling".  It is most annoying because we cannot get rid of it.  We cannot get rid of it because...  we don't know what it is! 

 

I know what it's not.  It's not a drawing element out of Insert > Shapes.  It's not a table border.  The line is faded in intensity when displayed and printed.  When you hover and click on it, the mousePointer/cursor changes to a double-headed vertical arrow with two small lines sandwiched between (this is the best I can do to describe it so pardon me...).  You can move this thing up and down inside the header/footer area only.  You can turn on "show/hide hidden formatting" out of the paragraph group and there's no indication it's coming from there.  If you position just below it and try to "Backspace" over it, the line refuses to budge and remains.  And the most annoying part of all, if you remove headers/footers this "line" continues to be on the page top and bottom and has ill effects especially when the document is printed.  And, yes, you still cannot remove it.  If I knew what this line was or where it came from I could probably figure out how to expluse it.  So to the question:

 

How can I tell what the heck this line is?

 

H

 

Are there plans for a sreen recorder feature in Word 2013?

Posted: 06 Jan 2013 03:33 AM PST

As a math teacher it would be helpful to record my inking in word and include the video in the word document for my students. Are there any plans to include a screen record feature in Word 2013? I know there are ways to record the screen with other software but it would be much more time efficient if the recording feature was a simple built-in available in Word.

Office problems

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 05:29 PM PST

I need help desperately as I am computer stupid!!   I an getting a message trying to install Office 2010.  "Cannot install 64-bit version because of 32-bit Office products installed.  I have a HP, Windows 7, 64-bit.  Pleaseeeee help!!  Thanks

Spacing Modifier Letters

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 12:59 PM PST

How do I get the expanded fonts for "spacing modofier letters"? I have Office 2007 and my word processing assistant has the same. I edited a Word document to include a spacing modifier Unicode-02F0 (hex). Yet on her machine it shows up as un unknow character box. How can I get her the same font library to include this character?

Word 2010: How to Identify the Cell References in a Table ??

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 10:49 AM PST

Hello;
 
1) In a complicated Table I need to know the cells references to correctly include them in the formulas.
Q1: Is there an easy and practical way of knowing by highlighting the cells ?
 
2) Suppose the formula is in cell E9:
Q2: How to specify the number format in E9 to produce:
${leftmost} 12,345{rightmost & –ve bet () }
 
Thank you.
Monir

How I can remove Watermark from even pages of my document?

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 09:21 AM PST

When I want remove Watermark of my document, It remove only on odd pages and it doesn't remove from even pages. It only be remove from whole pages of my document, when I use same odd and even pages header and footer but, I want different odd & Even pages. I use MS word 2007. Please if anyone know how I can fix it help me.
I can send my document via email if it's necessary.

Microsoft Preview 2013 zooms out my text so its the smallest size and when I manually zoom in, it just keeps zooming back out.

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 02:37 PM PST

When using speech recognitions to type on and Microsoft office 2013,  the program zooms out my text so I am unable to read it. and when I tried to zoom back in, it just keeps going back out to 10% and is fixed on the smallest paper size possible. Any suggestions on how to fix or could I just download the 2012 version or something?

 

Much Obliged.

GK

office 2013 cannot be open?

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 10:10 PM PST

hello, i have a trouble with office 2013 the applications don´t start for example i select word or excel and nothing happen. what should i do please help me? thanks a lot