Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Page Break Going to Other than at it's intended Place?

Microsoft Word - Page Break Going to Other than at it's intended Place?


Page Break Going to Other than at it's intended Place?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 02:20 PM PST

Hi


I have two Questions as follows:


Only at some places, not in the whole document,  when I do a "Page Break" - it goes to a place other than at it's intended place--


Questions   (a) Why does this happens?

and             (b) How do I fix it.? 


Look forward to hearing from an expert.


Regards,

-Saeed



Word 2007/2010

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 02:02 PM PST

I have a form that has a button that will send the file via email.  When I protect the file to just filling in forms the button no longer works.  How do I get around this.

Microsoft Word Problem

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 01:30 PM PST

My 97 year old friend is trying to type up her Christmas letter, but all of the letters are in red & underlined with tiny dots, so it looks like the lines are underlined.  Does anyone know what she may have hit that is causing this issue?  Thank you.  :)

Exponents create unwanted space between lines in Microsoft Word 2010 :: How do I fix?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 12:46 PM PST



As you can see, the exponent does not need the additional space Word forces between the lines. 

Word 2013- Blank Document not pulling from normal.dotm file?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 12:35 PM PST

Hello,

My Word 2013 blank document is opening with no header ever since I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the other day. I did online research on the normal.dotm file in the templates folder and have deleted it and let Word recreate it and still there is no header. It seems that the blank document is pulling from another file, but I cannot find a way to see what file it is using. I even did the step where I went to run entered regedit and edited the registry editor, but that did not fix the issue.

Please Help!

Thank you.

How do I make Word 2007 open zoomed to 150%?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 12:29 PM PST

I've searched on this site for answers, and so far none of what has been offered as a "solution" has solved my problem.

 

What I currently have when I open Word 2007: a blank document zoomed to 80%, page layout 'after' spacing at 0

 

What I want: a blank document zoomed to 150%, page layout 'after' spacing at 10

 

I've read all about changing the 'Normal' template... blah blah blah. But the Normal template is apparently not what my Word opens automatically, because I've made changes to that template, and when I go in and open that template, those changes are saved properly and appear the way I want. But going in and having to open this particular template isn't saving me any time. I might as well just set the zoom and page layout myself every time if I'm going to have to go in an open a particular template anyway.

 

Since opening Word automatically gives me a blank document, I want that blank document set up to what I need, and so far none of the answers I've seen on here address this.

 

Anybody know how to fix this? This seems like a simple problem...

 

Thanks,

Brian

word starter

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 12:22 PM PST

I had word starter but have had to have a new hard drive fitted how do I get word back

Word 2013 endnotes formatting

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 12:01 PM PST

I am trying to convert some WordPerfect files to Word 2013 and it's a mess. The fact that this is a long, slow process should not annoy me (but it does), but the thing I'm having no luck with is the fact that trying to restyle my WP footnotes to Word endnotes is proving impossible.  I have "converted the footnotes to endnotes" but the formatting has changed and remains hidden.  Word has apparently decided that endnotes must be in small Roman numerals, and has grayed-out the option to change that.  Also, the Style "Endnote Reference" is "hidden until used" but remains hidden even when used.  I expect there is some simple, if hidden, way to fix all this, but I can't find it.  Any ideas?

A shared printer, 1 computer, 3 accounts, 2 can print and 1 can't?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 11:49 AM PST

The computer that we have is a lenovo idea centre and the printer is an HP laserjet pro CM 1415 fn.  I have 3 accounts on the computer, one is admin the other two are general.  The problem is that one of the general accounts won't print any documents from any microsoft application!  Any ideas how to resolve this?

MS Word wont open .html files????

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 11:35 AM PST

I want to use Word as my basic html editor (just as I do at work) but it wont associate with .html files?

MS Word doesn't even appear as a possible program????

Even browsing to Word.exe wont open an .html file

Table is unintentionally splitted and the first row jumps over paragraphs to the previous page.

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 10:31 AM PST

Hello,

I have problem when composing a long table with a lot of rows so that it is longer than one page. The  first row is always separated from the subsequent rows. The first  always jumps over one/two paragraphs in the previous page, so that the order of the writing became awkward : the first row - one/two paragraphs - the subsequent rows.
I have tried several tricks to solve this problem, but so far I failed to.
Please advice me how to solve this problem. Thank you

 

Why aren't the proofing tools working in Office 2013 on Windows 8 laptop?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 09:27 AM PST

I recently bought a Lenovo Yoga 11S laptop, with Office Home and Student 2013 installed in it. I didn't check the functioning of the proofing tools before, but when I needed them recently, I found that they were not working. When I had to use the thesaurus, Word just stopped working with a message that read "Microsoft Word has stopped working". It happened with spell check and dictionary too. I've checked the proofing preferences and everything is as it should be. I even downloaded the proofing tools again from the website, but it didn't change anything. This is really frustrating, as I need the thesaurus a lot. I've tried many online forums and have not been able to find a solution for this. I would really appreciate your quick response to this. 
Thank you.

Word 2013 dictionary -- must be signed in with microsoft account

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 09:24 AM PST

This is a corporate setting and we don't give Microsoft accounts.  How do I let users use this feature without a Microsoft acct?

Help! Margins randomly change in Word 2010 large document

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 08:48 AM PST

I have a large document (450 pages, 6.5 MB) with several section breaks contained within the document.  Within several sections the text is in an outline format.  For some reason, the left hand margin will shift and the entire outline moves outside the LH margin and the levels are collapsed (all aligned).   I will readjust the margin and indent the entire outline appropriately, SAVE, and continue working further into the document.   This doesn't occur to the same section or outline, but several different within the document.  

 

I've fixed this several times at different points in the document, but it keeps occurring!!  Its incredibly frustrating.Help please.  

Using Building Blocks/Quick Parts in Word 2013

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 08:38 AM PST

Hello, 

I am building a form in Word 2013. I have a question that I pose to the user: Do you have this already? Then I added a drop down selection of Yes or No. 

I have two quick part text paragraphs. One is the content for if yes is selected. The other is the content for if no is selected. 

How do I set up the trigger that if Yes is selected then show content A but if No is selected show content B?

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to figure this out?

Thank you!!!

I should add this edit... I don't know how to use the vba code stuff :) 

Windows 8.1 Office 2013

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 08:36 AM PST

English:
Help! I cant open any of the office 2013 apps! Just updated to Windows 8.1, and the office 2013 seems to be incompatible to the system. How could it be? What should I do to resolve this problem? Thank you.
Portuguese:
Ajuda! Não consigo abrir nenhum aplicativo do office 2013! Acabei de atualizar para o windows 8.1, e parece que o office 2013 é incompatível com o sistema. Como pode ser? O que eu devo fazer? Obrigado.

Merging Labels in Officed 2007

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 08:15 AM PST

I am very competent using mailmerge, but am struggling with Office 2007.  When I add the table to put the fields in on the labels, the cursor is at the BACK of the table and I can't get the fields in.  This happens with letters too.  What is wrong, I have had trouble ever since I got Windows7 and now Windows 8.1.  Always worked on my old computer????

Updating field codes automatically

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 08:12 AM PST

My company has a Word template (originally created in Word 2000) that is used for procedures.  It was originally designed to store a number of values on the cover page, using Set; for example, Set Proc_RevNumber "15" to set the revision number to 15.  Subsequent pages contain the same data in the header, and display the data using Ref; for example; Ref Proc_RevNumber \* charformat.  After recently implementing Word 2010, we are noticing that, on some occasions, the pages after page 1 do not show the current revision until the document is printed; i.e., the pages show revision 14 instead of 15 on the screen (in Print Layout view), but when printed, they are all revision 15.  This could be a concern for users.  Is there any setting in Word 2010 that will automatically update references such as these when the document is opened, so that they display correctly?

Issue with Word Documents in Office 2010

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 07:13 AM PST

Hi,

  We are seeing a rather odd issue with one user with Microsoft Word 2010 and when she opens a Word document. This is on a 2008 R2 Server with Xenapp 6.5 installed. Profiles are on a DFS share path with only one target enabled and permissions have been verified. When she opens a document, it comes up in read only. She can close it and reopen it and it's fine. Yesterday she didn't have the issue, this morning she did. This happens on random Microsoft Word documents and only with Word documents. No reports of any issues with Excel, Powerpoint or within Outlook. I have seen some articles and tried a couple of fixes but nothing has worked. I don't think a uninstall and reinstall Office will fix the issue as one forum I had seen with a similar issue. She said some documents had been converted over from Office 2003. This has also happened with a Word document that had been created within Word 2010. Office has been patched with the latest updates and service packs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

 
  Thanks, 
    Shaun

How can I have the View save with the specific Word document?

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 06:09 AM PST

I have documents on my computer that I want to open in either Print Layout or Web Layout View. In Word 2010 and earlier, if I opened a document it would remember the last view I had used with it - as if the View was saved with the file.

Now in Word 2013, if I open a file, it defaults to the last View I was using. I constantly have to switch views and the extra step is driving me crazy! Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

Quick Parts-> Document Property: only 1000 properties are shown

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 05:36 AM PST

I have an unusual problem: 
My document has more than 1000 properties (yes, I need all of them) and they are all quite nicely show in Document Panel. But I'm able to add via Quick Parts->Document Properties only first 1000 of them, others are not shown in the list.
How can I add the others? It doesn't have to be easy, it only has to work.

How to create a macro and run it programatically

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 05:06 AM PST

My application is running Progress openedge and want to know How to create a macro and run it programatically,

UK English in Word 2013

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 04:12 AM PST

I was glad to see that my version of of Word now had UK English as its default. Previous versions kept switching out of UK English into American English.

But it appears that Microsoft's idea of UK English is that it is just the same as American English, and I'm being autocorrected from words with ...our and ...ise endings (to ...or and ...ize - and yes I know that ize is an alternative in UK English, even used by The Times, but I'm working to the style book of a company that uses ise). Does anyone know whether there is a real UK English dictionary available: the UK English option on previous versions was reasonably accurate when we were allowed to use it, so maybe there is a way of importing it.  

Microsoft Word 2013 Password Recovery.

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 02:39 AM PST


Hi Everyone.



I recently password protected the opening of a word document that contains my personal information,

Unfortunately I have misplaced the required password to open this file. I am the administrator of the PC that the file is stored and I created the file a week back on the same PC.


It would be much appreciated if someone could provide a solution for my dilemma, I could provide the necessary information to authenticate my ownership of this file if need be.


Looking forward to your support.


Pasting into a numbered list

Posted: 05 Dec 2013 02:01 AM PST

I'll begin with an easy way to recreate my problem:

 

- Create a numbered list with 3 elements.

- Manually change the indent of entire set using the vertical ruler.

- Then paste raw text into one of those three elements.

 

Word will revert the indent of the row you've pasted text into to its default state.

 

Is there any way to prevent Word from doing this?

 

(I know it's enough to properly define the styles, but the nature of my task makes it impractical).

I can't open my word document due to some issues with the contents. Please Help!

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 11:05 PM PST

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7km92ohnv9x34c/ECE%20546%20Homework3-2.docx

Word 2013 Ribbon won't stay on selected tab.

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 08:59 PM PST

When I open Word 2013, it defaults to the "File" tab. If I select a different tab, such as "Home" I get the options but "File" stays highlighted and when I click back into the document, the "Home options disappear and I am back at "File". This makes editing very cumbersome. How do I get the tab I select to be "sticky" and stay active until I select a different tab?

Word 2007 - Checking Character

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 08:33 PM PST

Good day,

 

Using If function in mail merge: I want to check the contant in a cell contains English characters or not.

How can I write: IF(A2 not contains "A" to "Z", print Chinese character, print English character)

 

Regards

Hong Kong

 

labels avery 5160 address, mixed addresses

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 05:34 PM PST

set up fine, entered 30 names, no problem, but it will not let me enter any more - will not go to a page two no matter what I do, hit enter, keep typing, etc. how do I enter more than 30 addresses without creating separate files?

Problem sending the command to the program

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 03:43 PM PST

When opening word, excel, power point or any other micro soft product receives this message.  "There was a problem sending the command to the program.  I have had one opinion that said that I have to delete every thing onmy computer and start completely over.  I do not want to do that.  Please help me.

An endless page in Word?

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 03:33 PM PST

Hello! I want to create something like a catalogue. Therefore I want to export my Word document in the PDF-format.

Is there a way to make Word 2013 consider all the text/images as just one page instead of several one?

I just want to use the exported PDF-file as a database-like catalogue.

docx attachments

Posted: 04 Dec 2013 03:22 PM PST

i'am using windows live mail and for some reason i can not open any e-mail attachment  in word document or docx format .

windows 8.1
word 2013
windows live mail

any ideas ??
Thank you