Pages

Search

I lost my activation key, how do I get a new one? - Microsoft Office forums

I lost my activation key, how do I get a new one? - Microsoft Office forums


I lost my activation key, how do I get a new one?

Posted: 23 Jan 2006 10:57 AM PST


If you are an official MS beta tester then you have to go to your
contact at MS.

hth


ajanderson99 wrote: 

normal.dot file on terminal server 2003

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 09:50 PM PST

Hopefully, someone else who is more knowledgable than I about
Terminal Server will chime in here with something more definitive.

I'm not sure if this will work in a TS environment, but this is
what I would try:
1. Log in to Windows as a user.
2. Start Word.
3. Click on Tools | Options | File Locations, change the
"Templates" folder to "C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates", and
change the "Workgroup Templates" folder to the network folder
containing your other shared templates. This should allow you to
keep the shared templates in one place on the network, while
giving the user his/her own Normal.dot.
4. Close Word.
5. Start Word again.
6. Click on Tools | Templates and Addins | Organizer, and
copy the macros from the network Normal.dot to <username>
Normal.dot. If the macros assume that the Normal.dot file is in
the same folder as the shared templates, then you will need to
modify the macros to point to the Workgroup Templates folder for
the shared templates.
7. If everything works okay for the current user, then for
the other users, you just need to repeat steps 1 thru 4, and copy
the Normal.dot from the current user's profile to the other
users' profiles.


Mark wrote:
 

Windows Installer constantly runs in Outlook

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 08:10 PM PST

Repeat, have you tried a new mail profile?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Bill Young asked:

| Yes, I have done Detect and Repair, reinstalled Service Pack 2 and
| deleted the .OST file and reconstructed it. The installer continues
| the same behavior.
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Have you tried Detect and Repair? A new mail profile?
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, Bill Young asked:
||
||| I have installed Office 2003 Pro and for the last month every time I
||| open Outlook, the Windows Installer tells me that it is configuring
||| Office 2003 Professional. After Outlook is open and any folder is
||| clicked on, the config runs again, each time an email is downloaded
||| it runs. Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 but to no avail.


activating a trial download of office standard edition 2003

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 09:23 AM PST

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822519 "When you try to
activate Office programs over the Internet, you receive an error
message".

Jaxon wrote:
 

Vision 2003 installation error

Posted: 21 Jan 2006 05:30 PM PST

i'm trying to reinstall visio 2003

"Peter Foldes" wrote:
 

What is the file path to the clipboard in XP Pro?

Posted: 21 Jan 2006 11:56 AM PST

Thanx for the interpretation..

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
 

Autosave present in O2K3 Basic but not O2K3 Pro

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 04:11 PM PST

Please check out the screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/shadowconsultant/Autosave.bmp

The MSKB is inaccurate. Perhaps for Office 2003 Std and Pro this is true,
but not for Office 2003 Basic AS my screenshot proves.

So I shall revise / re-iterate my question: How can I hack it so
Autosave.xla is available for Office 2003 Pro.

I did a search on my hard drive and could not find any files named
autosave.xla or autosave.xll.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide,

Hadrian

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

How do I reinstall deleted Microsoft Office 2000.

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 03:57 PM PST

Thanks. I managed to get it reinstalled.

"DL" wrote:
 

Does anyone know where i can download powerpoint for free???

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 01:52 PM PST

Where did you hear Powerpoint is freeware?

For your intelligence:
Technet newsgroups are for IT professionals

"Jess" wrote:
 

ReInstalling Office Pro on NEW laptop

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 07:13 PM PST

You may find the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article applies:

How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246


--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, McNancy asked:

| I have MS Office Professional. My old laptop COMPLETELY died on me
| and I had to buy a new one. I cannot find my original CD's (it was
| the upgrade version 2003). The only thing I have is the original box
| and the extra bonus CD (business contact manager) which came as an
| addon to the OUTLOOK module. I do have a copy of all my programs on
| my desktop but desparately need to be able to get it loaded and
| running on my laptop. Any suggestion as to how I'd be able to do
| this without the original CD's and the activation key which I believe
| was on the CD cover?
|
| I bought AlohaBob PC Relocator but haven't been able to find a USB
| data transfer cable that it works with. In talking with their tech
| support the guy told me he wasn't sure but that I'd probably need the
| activation key one way or the other. I am sure I registered my
| product - would Microsoft help me or am I totally out of luck?