Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Making 16 forms on a single page where some fields in the forms will be duplicated to the other forms, and other fields are not.

Microsoft Word - Making 16 forms on a single page where some fields in the forms will be duplicated to the other forms, and other fields are not.


Making 16 forms on a single page where some fields in the forms will be duplicated to the other forms, and other fields are not.

Posted: 22 May 2013 09:00 AM PDT

Hi, I take apart electronic devices and catalog their parts.
I currently use forms where I fill in the first four fields via microsoft office, and leave the rest of the fields blank. These first four fields are for information about the device, and therefore need to be on every form.  I then print the forms and simply write the information for each part in by hand, then attach the form to the device.

I want to switch to a different kind of document where I can have 16 forms on a single page, and where I can fill in the fields about the device and have it fill in all 16 forms, but fill in the rest of the fields about each part individually.

Is what I'm asking posssible?

I have the entire 2010 Office suit, so I am not limited to using Word.

Thanks,

Updating a brochure, going from 2 columns to 3 on one side only

Posted: 22 May 2013 08:03 AM PDT

The brochure/program is laid out as 2 columns in landscapre orientation. The left side is the back cover and the right side is the front cover.  I now have to add a third colum on the left side only.  So it is originally a 2 column program with 3 columns on the left sdie.

 

The columns are students names for each class- there are now three classes.  The right side is a school logo and title, date, etc

 

Thank you

How do I use the mousepad in microsoft professional 2010 word to copy and paste

Posted: 21 May 2013 08:43 PM PDT

ok so I bought a laptop acer apire one to finish the editing process in writing a book and I can't seem to get the non-button mouse pad to bring up the correct menu when I use the commads to bring up the right click menu.  You must hit control and touch the pad on the right to get the menu to come up but when I do it while in microsoft word 2010, nothing happens, it says something about a selection not being valid. But when I go out onto my desk top and want to do something such as minimize or close a document it allows me to do so with the same command.  I need the copy and paste menu to come up when I highlight a word or phrase and its not working.  I only get the edit menu, such as font style and color.  Help Please!!!??!?!? 

Selecting and Using Text in VBA

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:17 PM PDT

I want to determine (and then manipulate the text string between an open bracket ("[}) and a close bracket ("]").  Since I want to replace the bracket and the text, I also need to be able to delete that, hopefully in a single selecting process.

The bracketed material (text) is within a paragraph and not within a bookmark or anything so this has to be specific.  I assume that I will have to put the cursor inside the text, search backwards for the open bracket and then somehow do an extended selection/search to the close bracket.

How is that done?

TIA

Headers / Footers

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:16 AM PDT

I have a header / footer question - How do you have one footer for entire document; while having two different headers?

 

For example: header1 on page1; header2 on rest of document; and one footer type on entire document.

Why is my macro Delete button gray?

Posted: 21 May 2013 10:59 AM PDT

Hello:

In Word 2010, when I click Macro and get to the macro window, I cannot delete certain macros that show up there, because the Delete button is grayed out. How come?

The macro seems to be in "Toolbar - Hans.dot (global template)". It must be a relic from going from Word 2000 to Word 2010 (my toolbar is in Add-in).

By opening Toolbar – Hans.doc, I could see the Delete button not grayed, and I clicked it for the macro I wanted to delete, and said Yes, but then, a box (Project Locked) told me that "Project is unviewable".

So, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards/Hans L

Copy/pasting certain cells in a table (Word 2010)

Posted: 16 May 2013 10:46 PM PDT

Hi experts!

I have a bit of an odd question: Is it possible to restrict a user from copying the text from particular cells in a table? While still allowing them to copy the text in other cells?

Backstory:
I'm setting up a simple online form using a table and the form tools in the Developer Tab. We are sending the form out to collect information. The completed form will be processed at a very basic level by someone taking the data via copy and paste. I thought it would make it easier for the processing person if I could "lock" the table headings (Name, Telephone etc) which are not required. 

Alternative solutions to collating form-data with Word would be welcome. I am a bit stuck for solutions here as we have to preserve the completed forms for records management reasons. (I really wanted to set up a web form for users but this was denied). 

Cheers for the help guys!
Bel

"something went wrong"

Posted: 16 May 2013 07:49 PM PDT

i was on word and i accidentially closed out my word document and every time i try to reopen word it says something is wrong!

 PLEASE HELP SOON! this paper is due in class tomorrow!!!

how do i turn off the mini translator in the word program in office 2010?

Posted: 16 May 2013 04:08 PM PDT

I certainly would appreciate having an answer to my question.  Every time I go over a document, this translator pops up.  And I have not been able to find the proper options in the word in the Translate language icon.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Oswin

Microsoft word 2013 log in windows 8

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:44 PM PDT

I have just made a new password so I can use microsoft word and log in but it's not letting me log in doesn't accept the password I have done this about 6 times and I'm really getting angry