Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Move versus Delete in Track Changes

Microsoft Word - Move versus Delete in Track Changes


Move versus Delete in Track Changes

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 10:04 AM PST

I'm trying to determine the rules governing moving text as opposed to deleting and inserting text when using Track Changes in Word 2010 or 2007.

 

It appears that you have to select a complete sentence or paragraph to "move" text. You can select a complete sentence plus part of another sentence and still "move" but you cannot "move" just part of a sentence.

Is this true? Are there other conditions?

 

Thanks

second licence for ms word

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 08:48 AM PST

how to make m/s word work with win 8??   mine worked great with win 7?????

Is there an option to update a vast amount of existing documents with a new corporate template (includes headers/footers etc)

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 06:09 AM PST

Hi,

I've been tasked with updating over a thousand documents with a corporate template that includes headers, footers and a revision history table. Any documents going forward will be using the new template, but what about options for updating legacy documents?

Is there a way to do this instead of updating each file manually?


I am using Word 2013 preview and I have found a bug in the footers

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 03:59 PM PST

Hi guys

I am using Word 2013 preview

When I make a open a .doc in 2013 with a footer style with a top border on it, the border goes all the way across the page to the right outside the margins

Updating the style does not work

I have to save as a .docx then open in Word 2010, then resave then open in 2013 and it's all good again

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this and if not, where can I report a bug to Micrsoft


combining pages

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 02:59 PM PST

Is there a way to take two 81/2 x 11 pages of material with columns and put them both onto a single11 x 17 page in two 81/2 columns?  I am currently using word 2003 and am trying to create 11 x 17 pages to print on a copier that will print from computer on this size of paper.  When I copy one page with columns made with the approprate breaks I lose the column format.  Telling it to use 2 columns makes word do not what I want but thinks i am wanting 2 columns on the big page not the smaller page.  I have tried various break combos but still not what I am looking for.  Help

update index button grayed out

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 01:15 PM PST

Hi,

I am working on a Word 2010 document and would like to update only the index, but the Update index button is grayed out.

I can update the index by selecting the entire doc and pressing F9, but this updates everything - TOC and cross-references, fig numbers, etc. - which I don't want

Any insight as to what I need to change to make the button active is much appreciated!

 

How to set tabs precisely in Word 2010?

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 12:59 PM PST

In Word 2002, you could just click Format | Tabs to precisely (by numerical value) set tabs, rather than do it imprecisely by clicking on an

approximate desired spot on the ruler.  Can anyone tell me how to do this in Word 2010?  Thanks.

Email program

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:28 AM PST

Hi

 

I was trying to send a Word doc as an email attachment. I am using Word 2013 on my Surface RT. I went File>Share>Email>Send as Attachment. When I clicked it, this error message came up:


'There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.  Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.'

 

What do I do? I tried to to go to Control Panel, and Default Programs but couldn't get this fixed. I never changed my default email program (well, I cant, the only email program on my Surface is the Mail App).

Your help is appreciated, Thanks.

Print page keeps defaulting to 15, back to back long side

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 06:58 AM PST

My # of pages printed keeps defaulting to 15 rather than 1.  I must have changed it in the wrong place.  Ichecked printer options & properties, but it won't change back.  How do I fix that?

Garbage characters in Work and Excel (old) files

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 05:24 AM PST

Since a couple of weeks, almost all my old Word and Excell documents are unreadable: when I open them, I see only funny characters, and Word  suggests me to convert the file to another language.  

This is with Office 2003,  but I have installed Office 2010, same behaviour.

If I create a new document, no problem.  The timestamp on the old documents has not changed.  And there is no problem  with other file types (txt, pdf, images, etc).  

Any idea on why this happened (virus?), and, more importantly, on how I can try to recover these files ?

Thanks,