Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - 2013 Wordart - Text Effects - Transform - Warp - Affecting All Text Instead of Just the Selected Text

Microsoft Word - 2013 Wordart - Text Effects - Transform - Warp - Affecting All Text Instead of Just the Selected Text


2013 Wordart - Text Effects - Transform - Warp - Affecting All Text Instead of Just the Selected Text

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 10:01 AM PST

In the new 2013 version of WORD, Wordart features work differently than the old 2010 version and it appears there might be a problem with one of the features. I have multiple lines of text in a text box and only want to change one of those lines using the Wordart features. If I select the line I want to change and select the Text Fill or Text Outline effects, only the selected text changes and that is the way it should work. However, if I select the line I want to change and select one of the Text Effects/Transform/Warp effects, it changes all the lines in my text box instead of just the line I selected. Is this a bug with the Text Effects/Transform/Warp feature? If not, how do I get that warp to just transform the text I selected?

How can you make a table so that each column can have different amount of rows?

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 05:37 AM PST

Hi there,

I am trying to find a way to allow columns in a table to be independent of each other, so when the height of a row in one of the columns change, the other columns are not affected.

Pictures always work better than text, so here is what I am trying to achieve:

...and here is what happens at the moment:

Thanks in advance,
KingD.

Formatting for Kindle, paragraph indentation is being very screwy

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 07:48 PM PST

So I've been working on this book for years. It has been transferred from many PCs to many new Word programs. The problem I am having now, as my book is ready to release, is that indenting paragraphs has been a nightmare. Here's why:

Normally, I'd just highlight each chapter and go to Page Layout --> Paragraph --> Set 'Special' to First Line

But the command is only being applied to about half of each chapter, sometimes in an alternating fashion. You'd think just clearing the formatting would fix the problem, but it doesn't! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I Sign Out of Office 2013?

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 03:05 PM PST

No offense, but I have my own data servers available to me whereever I roam and I do not want my data stored on any other company's servers. I do NOT want, and I mean that emphatically, to be gigned in to Microsoft via any sign in process to use Office 2013. My mail service comes from my own mail servers and my files servers are mine as well.

 

So how to I disconnect from Microsoft and use Office 2013, or am I at that point where I and Microsoft are at a parting of the ways?  If so I will uninstall the code, return to Office 2010 until another product comes along that does not tie me into their cloud services.

 

Please advise soon, as I do not want to have content I can not use as it is in a format I can't access once I remove this code.

 

Files not opening in Word 2010 Home and Student and can't get Word 2010 back as my default.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 03:03 PM PST

All of a sudden, my programs do not open in Word 2010 Home and Student, they open in wordpad instead. I tried right-clicking the file, using "open with," and there is not even an option to open with Word 2010. I tried browsing to choose the way I wanted to open the file, but when I clicked on Word 2010, it brought up microsoft office visualization handler, and now none of my documents will open when I click on them. I am switching back to wordpad as my default for now, but really need to be able to open the docs in Word 2010! Help!!

List of linked items in a Word doc

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 01:52 PM PST

I have a word docx with many links to pdfs, etc.  Is there some way I can I generate a list with the titles of the linked items?  Thanks!

I had Microsoft Word Program 2010. It went down last week. How can I get it back. It says it cannot be opened.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 12:54 PM PST

I used Microsoft Word constantly and had just printed my content when the program went. The pop up says it cannot be opened. What happened.

 

[Moved from feedback forum]

make left curly bracket encompass three lines

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 12:17 PM PST

I need to make a left curly bracket enclose three lines to the right of it.  I hope this example will show correctly what I need:


            pool
house{ bankbooks
            cat

If it doesn't show correctly what I need is for the curly bracket to enclose pool, bankbooks, and cat while it points to house.  Can anyone please tell me how to do this?  I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007 on Windows XP SP3.

hello

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 10:40 AM PST

i am put the product key but shows me error that the key cant be used on this machine what chould i do?

My printer HP Officejet Pro L7500 Series will only print these fille types - .png .bmp . jpg .tif and I need to be able to open in adobe or similar product.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 09:01 AM PST

My printer HP Officejet Pro L7500 Series will only print these fille types - .png .bmp . jpg .tif 

My adobe will not open any of them.  Is the any software that can help.  I want add a text box to the Image, ie, a scan in a blank piece of paper with a signature. and paste the signature onto the the document (or Image).  I did it years ago but I can't seem to remember how.

Tabed document (urgent Help)

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 05:59 AM PST

Dear Team,

Good evening,

I have one query, about word.

I have one word file, and i am editing it 50 - 60 times in a day, what i am looking for in that file courser need to stop at particular portion of the file. it suppose to be on tab.

In details:- (i am just trying to explain it)

Date :- (today date) after hitting TAB

subject :- (never amend)

Dear Sir, (never amend)

Today i am going for my driving lenience test so i need USD $ XXX.XX (after hitting tab from today date, it should be after "$").

(And whatever amount said it should be get in words, for example USD $ 100.50 (Hundred US dollars and fifty cent only)

Thanks & regards, (never amend)
Prajakt Pande (never amend)
skype:-  (never amend)

Note :- above example is just for your reference only and bold indication word Un-editable

Thanks in advance


Prajakt

How do I save a Style change to an attached template?

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 02:16 AM PST

Thanks in advance for any replies.

 

For my ref only WORD q 140.

Page numbering and mirrored margins

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 11:35 PM PST

Hi,
I have add page numbers to my document but when I choose page numbering start at page 0 it changes my mirrored margins.
The first page no longer has the bigger margin on the left.
Thanks